In Flames - Whoracle & The Jester Race

Devy_Metal said:
People like to shit on In Flames now, but this band is responsible for some seriously ass-kicking music. TJR, Whoracle and Colony are arguably the greatest back-to-back-to-back releases in the history of metal. I'd put them right up there with most of the great metal bands of the past 20 yaers. I still profess Colony to be their best album. it contains all the elements that made them such a great band at their height, and Zombie INC. is by far their best song. It has some of the most blazing riffs and the solo is out of this world. It's fun to listen to when you're blazed.

JR/BAI is first, VERY closely followed by Colony, then Whoracle.

Too bad the production of Colony sucked compared to the first two.

Ah.....The age old argument Dt vs IF.

In my opinon Dark Tranquility's the gallery is so much more epic,atmospheric and listenable than any of IF's releases. The use of female vocals on some of their songs make them sound so great. If I had to pick one over the other give me Dt anytime.

A quote from the review

"The album rolls on like a bulldozer, pointing a finger to every band that opposed them, and simply put IN FLAMES at the top of the mountain. "Episode 666" took them off that mountain, and put them in the skies to roam with IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, AT THE GATES, BATHORY, HELLOWEEN, BLIND GUARDIAN, and EMPEROR."

^soo true. Is DT on top of that mountain? I don't think so

Agreed. However, my favorite song on that album is actually "The Hive." I also like the songs Erik mentioned, and the title track is atmospheric-ish. Overall, it's In Flames's worst pre-totalshit album.

Xorv said:
A quote from the review

"The album rolls on like a bulldozer, pointing a finger to every band that opposed them, and simply put IN FLAMES at the top of the mountain. "Episode 666" took them off that mountain, and put them in the skies to roam with IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, AT THE GATES, BATHORY, HELLOWEEN, BLIND GUARDIAN, and EMPEROR."

^soo true. Is DT on top of that mountain? I don't think so

*Laughs*

Haha just because some reviewer likes those bands doesnt mean its fact. I mean what the fuck: Helloween! they are a terrible power metal band there are like a milion better bands "at the top of the hill". If In Flames were so at the top of the mountain then why the hell did they become new metal, their newest stuff is terrible.

Gelotte needs to sit his ass back behind the drums where he belongs. The more active he got with the guitars the worse they got. (Yes, I know he's guitarist... but he used to play their drums.)

The Minds Eye said:
*Laughs*

Haha just because some reviewer likes those bands doesnt mean its fact. I mean what the fuck: Helloween! they are a terrible power metal band there are like a milion better bands "at the top of the hill". If In Flames were so at the top of the mountain then why the hell did they become new metal, their newest stuff is terrible.

To get a wider audience of listeners...and...dare I say it....go MAINSTREAM...!!!! :yell:

The one where I talk about fainting from all the blood rushing into my gigantic wang when I think about my supermodel girlfriend.