Jester Race, Whoracle concept

TheGreatJester

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2008
I'm looking for some in-depth info about the story that is going on through The Jester Race and Whoracle. I've looked all over the net and the article on wikipedia was the best I could find. If someone here knows alot about it and could elaborate on it or if someone knows of any old interviews where Anders talks about it. I've read a few interviews where he briefly talks about it, but he didn't give enough info. So any help would be appreciated.

ask anders or niklas sundin.

you could try emailing dark tranquility...they're not so big these days, so I wouldn't be surprised if they read their own mail.

Anders?! Are you kidding me?

Niklas - maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

Anders talks about the concept of The Jester Race in the Live & Plugged Vol. 1 VHS. I have the entire concert in addition to the interview on DVD.

Whoracle in general talks about capitalism, and the fate of mankind.

No, I actually wasn't kidding. He seems like he's into the lyrics and doesn't strike me as unapproachable. If I won one of those backstage pass contests (which I won't because I'm not shelling out for the fan club) and got to meet him I'd definitely ask, although I imagine he'd be a little preoccupied with the coming performance.

You could definately contact Sundin to ask about the lyrics, not sure he'd known much about it as it was Anders' idea.

If you can get in contact with Anders, i'm sure he'd listen to your question, but I'm unsure he'd be able to answer it.... he seems to have become a little hazy over a lot of the ideas he had back then.

I'm pretty sure both albums are not concept in the sense of a set story, but more in the sense of the concept being society descending into destruction through their own lust and greed.

I feel like the whole thing was pretty vague and the best you're gonna get is an inarticulate summary of what's already been discussed on the forum because all it ever was was a vague idea turned into badass lyrics.

i think he understands alot about the way the world was going and its a fear factor so he wrote about it in the sickest way.. he might have been all new world order paranoid but he became addapted to the system due to all the money he earned so now his understandig for it has changed because money has become more apart of his life .. now the music is based on emotions which is only apart of the collected ego that the world runs off of and is not for the progression of man. i would go out on a strech and say that inflames was influinced by money maybe not intentionally but id say it effected them as artists. thats why when artists die young they are known for being the best .. money hadnt changed them yet ... example dime bag randy rhodes jim morrison and even tupac. i bet if inflames during the making of the clayman colony, or even the r2r album they would be legends in metal

I challenge you to write a single coherent sentence, complete with punctuation and capitalization.
But maybe this isn't fair. Is this your keyboard?
broken-keyboard1.jpg

Hey, capital letters, 2 periods, and a comma. Nice.
Btw it's douche bag. And only idiots call someone a douche bag. And this is the internet, so insults are basically pointless.

Hey, capital letters, 2 periods, and a comma. Nice.
Btw it's douche bag. And only idiots call someone a douche bag. And this is the internet, so insults are basically pointless.

Wow, fuck you, I call people douchebags.

You don't control the morality of the internetz.

Hey now, I just switched it up. I dont think you guys are ready for that kind if shit, fuckin noobs. Btw dont teach me about douchebag I say douchebag so much I could eat one and not notice.

You could eat a douchebag and not notice...that says more about your mother's cooking than about how badass you are. Also, while you seem to have adopted the ways of the period and the capital letter, you have yet to master the path of the apostrophe.

You could eat a douchebag and not notice...that says more about your mother's cooking than about how badass you are. Also, while you seem to have adopted the ways of the period and the capital letter, you have yet to master the path of the apostrophe.

give the kid a break

Read some of his other posts. If you took everything that's wrong with the internet and crammed it into 60-odd posts that's what you'd get.

Over ten thousand posts from we are in flames .. Now before you grab another pizza pop from the freezer think about a nice day outside. you should get out of your moms basement and go for a walk.