Can In Flames be called In Flames these days?

It would be pretty comical just how far off the rails this thread has gone if it weren't such a chore to have to read a full blown essay in every single post.

All I will say on the matter is that I have struggled with depression myself for about as long as I can remember. It indeed sucks, but I do know how to be happy every now and then. I agree with eochaid that in those cases where I am in the real lows my focus is never on other people, and I have never legitimately considered suicide. I also agree that leaping to conclusions based on things we don't have the full picture about is never a good idea.

With that, I have grown weary of having to slog through all this crap, and bid you all adieu. Play nice, you all!

Everybody should simply tell honestly their age, so the childish this and that comments could be skipped altogether.

I was born in 1982, meaning 32 years of age and 33 later this year.

You're wrong. First, all treatment works for non-desperate cases. Second, depresive people don't go bothering the others. They tend to close themselves (at least, the ones I've known). So, it's not something that you have to cope with. It's something that you see how it's affecting the other (the one with the illness) and all that you can do is to support him/her. But it has no real effect into you as a person neither in your life, unless he/she is a severe case.
All I will say on the matter is that I have struggled with depression myself for about as long as I can remember. It indeed sucks, but I do know how to be happy every now and then. I agree with eochaid that in those cases where I am in the real lows my focus is never on other people, and I have never legitimately considered suicide. I also agree that leaping to conclusions based on things we don't have the full picture about is never a good idea.
I'm not sure why is it hard to understand what I'm trying to say, but let's try it this way then: UnholyCrusada is my husband, all right? Cool. He's experiencing an episode, or being at low, or whatever, he's not well. How can you possibly say it doesn't affect me? If he's not happy, I'm not happy, and that's just the very basis of it. The end of the scale is where I have to switch to "all right, he's down again, remember this, be careful with your words!!" to accomodate him and thus myself. It can be a happy marriage, yes, if I am staying with him it means it's still worth it for me, but do not say it doesn't affect me if we are living together.

Yeah, if we are just friends, then let's say he doesn't want to meet with anyone for two weeks. Sure, all right buddy, that won't take a toll on me, you can just be alone in your cave and I might not even know it is because of depression and not because of lazyness or whatever. But I wasn'T talking about this scenario.

You're taking the extremes and making it the rule.
No, I'm correcting you, You said it's not like in the movies. I said it CAN BE like in the movies. If anything, I'm trying to prevent this discussion from being narrowed down - you can't just say those type of people don't exist, when they do.

And please, don't call me toreador.
I'm really running out of ideas. Loco? Don't be a downer and accept Loco!

This is why people cant get you seriously. Again making assumptions and conclusions. What can you know about that time? Nothing! Just as the rest of us. What can you know about Jesper? Nothing! You don't even know his grade of depression.
Man, I am throwing paint on the canvas. I didn't say I finished, you all are free to grab the brush, and form it, change it. It is called a discussion. This is the point when you actually made me mad, because if you'd actually care the slightest and not read all of the words with the intentions of how can you take it out of context, or twist it to your pleasure, could've seen that what you just quoted and what you said I can't be taken serious for, is actually perfectly fine. I even re-read it, because you made me believe I fucked it up, but no. My very first assumptions were safe, obvious ones, like the statement about recording their first records. After that, I kept using the words "possibly" and "if", meaning I did not make a single fucking conclusion, I just walked out to the board, did my take on the equation, turned to you and said this might be the solution, or at least it might contain the key to it. So yeah, next time try to read calmly and without pre-conceptions, so you don't jump to smashing buttons on your keyboard so fast.

You went to an institution or a hospital, saw some desperate cases and thought that you knew everything about depression. You just saw some medicated depressive long-term patients.
Yeah, I just randomly waltzed in there and walked out as a self-acclaimed depression-expert. It's exactly how it happened. Gosh... I guess it's still moving forward from the "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DEPRESSION, DUDE", so I won't complain.

Stop entertaining Slave's posts.

He's acting his age where he gets a kick out of getting responses from people.
Not only trying to invalidate me through my assumed age (which is far off to begin with) is like the equivalent of "he's black, his opinion doesn't matter" - which should say more about you, than me -, you do this while I am actually giving thought-out, serious replies to people like you, who just can't refrain themselves from their noobish trash-throwing at me.

I don't get a kick out of idiotic responses like yours, I'm not even rolling my eyes at them anymore. I've been on various boards since the age of... whoosh, don't even know, but the point is, the excitement of a random stranger on the internet replying to me has wore off a very, very, very long time ago. If I want to entertain myself and deliberately fuck with people, it's pretty much always obvious, because it's never serious from my part.

If you haven't noticed, I simply like discussing stuff, even if - thank God - I have my own, sometimes rather annoying style. Talking about depression does not even requires a lot from me, I already said I've seen it from first-hand for way longer than I would've liked to.

Everybody should simply tell honestly their age, so the childish this and that comments could be skipped altogether.

I was born in 1982, meaning 32 years of age and 33 later this year.
I already said it here once, among with the fact that I am not a girl. Would say it again, but it's actually amusing to me how people older than 30 making asses out of themselves without even realizing it, while they are circlejerking about my age.

Just read the snippet where I said to echo I got upset. A perfect example where instead of wallowing about my assumed age, a fine answer could've been written to my - well, that's gonna sound a bit arrogant - thought-provoking idea.

You know, what I see in many boards, is that actually discussing stuff barely matters. Instead, it's a competition, a race to bring down your opponent. Not his/her idea, but the person. Quoting out of context, demanding political correctness, twisting out meanings... anything to look good when others read it. I can guarantee you, if I were discussing this matter with the 2-3 people who chipped in about it in private, you would see entirely different responses.

That's why bringing up a serious topic and discussion was probably a bad idea, which is funny saying to you, who opened this god-awful thread, haha. Anyway, repeating "Siren Charms is 10/10, Anders best person in the universe" vs "The Jester Race 10/10 Jesper is literally Jesus" is at least funny, because you can't take anything seriously during that, so being close and personal is fine.

I already said it here once, among with the fact that I am not a girl. Would say it again, but it's actually amusing to me how people older than 30 making asses out of themselves without even realizing it, while they are circlejerking about my age..

For those who didn't read that thread, say it again.

And I'm not a girl either.................

I'm not sure why is it hard to understand what I'm trying to say, but let's try it this way then: UnholyCrusada is my husband, all right? Cool. He's experiencing an episode, or being at low, or whatever, he's not well. How can you possibly say it doesn't affect me? If he's not happy, I'm not happy, and that's just the very basis of it. The end of the scale is where I have to switch to "all right, he's down again, remember this, be careful with your words!!" to accomodate him and thus myself. It can be a happy marriage, yes, if I am staying with him it means it's still worth it for me, but do not say it doesn't affect me if we are living together.

OK. Lets say this. It can affect your mood or your way of behaving during those episodes. But it won't affect yourself as a person, it won't change the way you are, unless you're living some extreme depressive person. You cannot know if you never lived with one, but you just tend to learn to let pass those episodes.

No, I'm correcting you, You said it's not like in the movies. I said it CAN BE like in the movies. If anything, I'm trying to prevent this discussion from being narrowed down - you can't just say those type of people don't exist, when they do.

Ok, lets say this: depression is most of the time not like in the movies. In fact, there is a lot depressive people that has no treatment just because their depression has not been diagnosed.

I'm really running out of ideas. Loco? Don't be a downer and accept Loco!

Ok. let's reach an agreement. I will let you call me whatever prejudices you have about spaniards if you let me call you fascist or christian fundamentalist or to think that you just run on the streets of Budapest hitting on the war refugees.

Man, I am throwing paint on the canvas. I didn't say I finished, you all are free to grab the brush, and form it, change it. It is called a discussion. This is the point when you actually made me mad, because if you'd actually care the slightest and not read all of the words with the intentions of how can you take it out of context, or twist it to your pleasure, could've seen that what you just quoted and what you said I can't be taken serious for, is actually perfectly fine. I even re-read it, because you made me believe I fucked it up, but no. My very first assumptions were safe, obvious ones, like the statement about recording their first records. After that, I kept using the words "possibly" and "if", meaning I did not make a single fucking conclusion, I just walked out to the board, did my take on the equation, turned to you and said this might be the solution, or at least it might contain the key to it. So yeah, next time try to read calmly and without pre-conceptions, so you don't jump to smashing buttons on your keyboard so fast.

THen, re-read it again:

Generally happy, yes. But it's even harder for famous people, like Jesper. He's not a Hollywood star, but he went from "that blonde dude who likes guitars and stuff" to the founding member of a commercially successful band. No one cared when they were recording LS, Subt. or TJR. They were in their little hermit, a nice, cozy warm place. It's possible he hadn't even suffered from depression back then. But throw anyone into the spotlight, and you will see that it's not just him, who grew bigger, but his shadow as well. He's quite lucky if alcohol was the only thing he reached out to in his desperation, even though we all know it killed many musicians too.

See? You just used the conditional twice. Desperation? For real? Do you really think that all depressive people is desperate people?

Yeah, I just randomly waltzed in there and walked out as a self-acclaimed depression-expert. It's exactly how it happened. Gosh... I guess it's still moving forward from the "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DEPRESSION, DUDE", so I won't complain.

Ok, since you said a lot of things that are wrong, I must asume that you don't know anything about depression unless you say that you lived or live with someone with the ilness or that you have the illness and then you're talking from experience. And no, having a friend with a depression or some random relative that you only see by xmas time doesn't count as living with someone with depression.

Not only trying to invalidate me through my assumed age (which is far off to begin with) is like the equivalent of "he's black, his opinion doesn't matter" - which should say more about you, than me -, you do this while I am actually giving thought-out, serious replies to people like you, who just can't refrain themselves from their noobish trash-throwing at me.

Do you think that you didn't deserve it? With your superior attitude, with your comments, and then with how upset you get about critics to the band... You deserve it. I'm a moron and I am stupid, but I know both things. You come thinking that you're giving lessons to people but you sound like a spoiled brat.

And this is what I was talking about:

I'm not even rolling my eyes at them anymore. I've been on various boards since the age of... whoosh, don't even know,

I already said it here once, among with the fact that I am not a girl. Would say it again, but it's actually amusing to me how people older than 30 making asses out of themselves without even realizing it, while they are circlejerking about my age.

No, you're not a girl, but you talk like a girl, or like someone who has fallen in love and/or idealizes some guys that he just don't know. DO you think that saying that IF makes people wet helps the others not seeing you as a girl or as a child?

You know, what I see in many boards, is that actually discussing stuff barely matters. Instead, it's a competition, a race to bring down your opponent. Not his/her idea, but the person. Quoting out of context, demanding political correctness, twisting out meanings... anything to look good when others read it. I can guarantee you, if I were discussing this matter with the 2-3 people who chipped in about it in private, you would see entirely different responses.

I'm far more harsh in person, I learned to be that way with my friends. We are very rude people.

That's why bringing up a serious topic and discussion was probably a bad idea, which is funny saying to you, who opened this god-awful thread, haha.

Again acting like a child while trying to sound serious.

I'm going to be serious for once. When I read your posts, you remind me of my brother. He is so paid of himself, he thinks that he knows everything, that he is the smartest person ever, and the most underrated, so he likes to speak and write with the tone that you do sometimes, like if people is in debt with him for showing us his superiority. In the end he is just an arrogant man who is running out of friends, but he is blaming the rest of the world, instead of blaming himself.

Change that. You're only 22 or 23, I don't remember exactly. I'm gonna tell you clearly. You did not matured at 14, no one does mature at 14, no one is mature at 20, or at 30. You think that you are a very mature and smart person and that is why we (some of us) are being moron with you. No, it's your attitude. But you still have time. Make some laughs, accept the reprimends (as we all do), don't think that you know everything (no one does) and don't be upset about some random band. You can love or hate their music, you can feel like in paradise or be upset about their music but, in the end, they're not your friends. Even if you went to a show and thought that it was something special, it's their job, and they don't give a damm as long as we spend our money on them. Yes, they might be cool guys, but that's just for the show. And if someone talks shit on them, don't take it the personal way. And if they have any problem with Jesper's words, make sure that they will arrange themselves. And if you think that Jesper has no right to talk shit about the band, first, put yourself in his shoes and think how he must feel about the band, how he must feel when everything he does read is when he is going back into the band. But, if you can't, then think about this: if they used his image, then they're probably the ones allowing him to state his opinion.

Now, think about what I've said and try to think why some people is bashing you the way they're doing.

PD: and yes, people can talk whatever they want and they can start threads talking about whatever shit they want. If you don't like it, try to act like krofius. But don't say people what they can or cannot talk in a board.

Sorry only4theweak187, I just couldn't stop, but I promise it's my last time :D

First thing first, I'm hardly upset reading anything you guys say about the band. When I first came here, I was, but after knowing you and how things go here, it all changed. It's actually what I expect now, and I can make snarky comments when someone says "IF sucks" for the 1000th time. There is a line though, when I just have to question whether you guys are serious or just still doing the same circlejerk. For example, bashing Anders' voice. First, it was among the routine hate-comments about the band, but when footages surfaced during their festival tour where he sang better and better, and some of you still kept saying the same shit over and over again, I had to chip in with an "are you for real?" I'm a credits where it's due guy.

I like the band, I like Anders, but you blow things out of proportion all the time. Do you want me to give an honest answer to the question whether I got mad in this thread while reading "IF sucks" materials? I'm sorry, but no - if anything, I felt burdened and dumb at the same time for trying to hoard some people to the middle. All I wanted to achieve is to get a hold on blind and mindless hate, and I would've done the same if someone were to be on the opposite side. Change name, IF stopped being IF when Jesper left, blahblah.... you, yes YOU know that those statements are bull freakin' shit. You see, I either exaggerate on purpose, when I'm bashing something while mainly trying to entertain, like saying "wow, Coldplay is the biggest piece of shit band ever, I could make better music with my ears chopped off" OR I seriously want to discuss something, then I refrain from these stupid statements. Jesper was in every single since 2000 as well, and Darth Jester says those records suck, then he says when Jesper left IF stopped existing. I don't have to be a modern IF-fan to see that paradox right there.

OK. Lets say this. It can affect your mood or your way of behaving during those episodes. But it won't affect yourself as a person, it won't change the way you are, unless you're living some extreme depressive person. You cannot know if you never lived with one, but you just tend to learn to let pass those episodes.
If you are young it does affect you, just not in a straight line, ie. it's not like mom or dad is depressed which equals child will change. It's a bit more complicated than that, but in the end, it will change you.

And don't forget we were also talking about a working relationship. You have to throw ideas around, you have to get on the stage, and you have to mash together, otherwise, it will become hell for the whole band. I suppose you heard about bands and members where someone acted like a dick for example and it just ruined the mood for everyone. I'm not saying you can't be a famous musician in a band if you suffer from depression, but it is definitely not easy. Axel Rose would've been kicked off ages ago if his departure wouldn't have meant the end of Guns n Roses, because otherwise, no one would put up with his shit.

Ok. let's reach an agreement. I will let you call me whatever prejudices you have about spaniards if you let me call you fascist or christian fundamentalist or to think that you just run on the streets of Budapest hitting on the war refugees.
See, when you are this rigid, you sound about as fun as a stone when you get all worked up on things like this. It was all in good fun, you could've called me whatever as well, and you give me this prejudice bullshit. Maybe the age difference, who knows, but my apologies for trying to sew some fun into this back and forth.

See? You just used the conditional twice. Desperation? For real? Do you really think that all depressive people is desperate people?
See what? First I used "possible" which means it was just an assumption. Then I indirectly state dtwo things: 1. he had an alcohol problem which we all know it's true 2. he was desperate. If you don't like thata adjective, go into your local bar for every night for a month and observe the people there who go there every night, gets shitfaced and somehow get home. Tell me then whether desperate or happy are the adjective which is closer describing them. Addiction and desperation walk hand in hand; even if you don't reach out to an addiction in desperation, like trying out drugs because it's "fun" and "cool", you will become desperate for them.

And in that sentence I also made an assumption that he might had other problems is well, and IF so, he would've been better off with "just" alcohol.

Ok, since you said a lot of things that are wrong, I must asume that you don't know anything about depression unless you say that you lived or live with someone with the ilness or that you have the illness and then you're talking from experience.
I pretty much said this three times already, but at this point, I might as well scan and upload this person's psychological evaluation, I'd still be questioned, haha*.

*talk about that later on

Do you think that you didn't deserve it? With your superior attitude, with your comments, and then with how upset you get about critics to the band... You deserve it. I'm a moron and I am stupid, but I know both things. You come thinking that you're giving lessons to people but you sound like a spoiled brat.
I addressed "being upset about critics to the band" at the beginning, so won't talk about it more. I really don't care. If you want to make me upset, criticize NIN, cats or Lost.

As for deserving it... that is a very good question. Can I deserve it? For sure, I make a habit of walking on people's nerves. Do I deserve it, though? That's a bit harder to answer, because the way I see it, I fight fire with fire. Yes, I use strawmaning and hyperboles and what not, which is basically the same thing I was complaining about, which is attacking the person insted of the statements, but, probably given by my superiority, I don't care about ridiculous outbursts like Darth Jester's. You can call me out for doing those things, or being mean with him (is he autistic? probably not. is he really a dumb person? how could i know), or arrogant, but almost everything he said was mind-blowingly dull. What he was doing is flame-baiting which, on stricter boards is actually bannable.

I value putting things to their right place way higher, than being nice to people who act like an idiot. Say In Flames and/or Anders sucks ass and they should retire, that's perfectly fine. But keep saying things which even contradict themselves, and then don't be surprised by whatever comes after that.

No, you're not a girl, but you talk like a girl
I eat like a girl and throw tantrums like a girl. I'm the very definition of a drama queen. *snaps fingers*

I'm far more harsh in person, I learned to be that way with my friends. We are very rude people.
And I'm far more comfortable around my friends, because they know me, so I don't have to worry about being misinterpret, or think twice about what to say. They know I'm an "asshole", so they expect nothing less than cynicism and sarcasm flying around from me. I'm also a good listener and can be serious if need to, without sugarcoating a single thing. I don't have a motto, but saying exactly what's on your heart would be a good contestant for it.

Again acting like a child while trying to sound serious.l
*No, I'm joking around. It's what I do. You talk about maturing, well, I never ever wanted to mature. I like fun, I like making people laugh, and being super-duper serious is my very last resort. You say I'm acting like a child, I say I added "haha", because if I did not, it would've sounded way too mean and serious. While I do think this thread was an abomination from the start, and DJ's post are created by some random post generator, I liked how at least he realized your ridiculous mocking attempt about my assumed age, so I lightened up my sentence.

In other words, I deliberately tried not to sound too serious.

I'm going to be serious for once. When I read your posts, you remind me of my brother. He is so paid of himself, he thinks that he knows everything, that he is the smartest person ever, and the most underrated, so he likes to speak and write with the tone that you do sometimes, like if people is in debt with him for showing us his superiority. In the end he is just an arrogant man who is running out of friends, but he is blaming the rest of the world, instead of blaming himself.
Isn't it fascinating how we are the most complex creatures on Earth by far, yet you only need like one or two hours talking with someone, and you can pretty much reconstruct like... 60% of his/her past life? Who you become once you gain control over yourself is basically decided by your upbringing. It's not a life-long excuse, of course, you can form yourself from that point, but you are and will always work what you've been left with. You say I'm a spoiled brat, and surprise-surprise, I do not have any brothers or sisters. Who would have thought, right?

And the list could go on. You know your brother, you pretty much see behind him, and the cross-conclusions about me are not that far off either. But it doesn't mean much, when we are discussing the actual content of what me or your brother is saying. Knowing this might give you an advantage over me, knowing which strings to pull to set me off - though you did not really do that, yet -, but even if I am a spoiled, arrogant asshole, it has absolutely nothing to do with whether I am right or not.

Change that. You're only 22 or 23, I don't remember exactly. I'm gonna tell you clearly. You did not matured at 14, no one does mature at 14, no one is mature at 20, or at 30. You think that you are a very mature and smart person and that is why we (some of us) are being moron with you. No, it's your attitude. But you still have time. Make some laughs, accept the reprimends (as we all do), don't think that you know everything (no one does)
I'm turning 24 on the 19th this month. My attitude is probably due to some changes, but it's awfully hard not to feel superior, when I turn on the TV and I see tens of thousands of morons. Then I go to my facebook, and people are discussing the most retarded shit about the migrant situation. And I'm just watching out of my head, and wondering "what if I am the idiot for not wanting to machine gun down everyone?" Then I come here, and people jump from one hyperbole to the other one, meanwhile my MP4 player has literally every kind of music on it, except country and classical. So I'm wondering, "Am I an idiot for not being overzealous?" Yes, I like Siren Charms but I listen to old IF as well. I also don't mind people hating on SC, or stating that TJR is their favorite, like whatever.

Do you know what I see everywhere? A whole bunch of entitlement. Me, me, me, everywhere is me. I deserve this, I deserve that; people trampling over one another, people not being grateful to anything they get, because they always want more, they always complain. Honestly, I'm sick of it. The finest example of an exception is only4theweak's posts - well, some of them.

Now, think about what I've said and try to think why some people is bashing you the way they're doing.
Being the underdog is where I'm most comfortable at, so I don't mind. Also, these flaws have their advantages as well. I'd be at some serious crossroads if a little fairy came down to me right now, offering to remove some of my traits. Isn't the most fearsome thing is to become... boring? To lose identity? Who knows what keeps me from being one of those barking dogs on social media? Right now I'm a sometimes fucking annoying, but at least interesting nut to crack.

So much negative energy in this thread, I have to rearrange my furnitures. If we keep this up, I'll end up as an alcoholic too.

If you are young it does affect you, just not in a straight line, ie. it's not like mom or dad is depressed which equals child will change. It's a bit more complicated than that, but in the end, it will change you.

My mother suffered from depression for as long as I can remember. It can change you or cannot depending on the type of person that you are.

And don't forget we were also talking about a working relationship. You have to throw ideas around, you have to get on the stage, and you have to mash together, otherwise, it will become hell for the whole band. I suppose you heard about bands and members where someone acted like a dick for example and it just ruined the mood for everyone. I'm not saying you can't be a famous musician in a band if you suffer from depression, but it is definitely not easy. Axel Rose would've been kicked off ages ago if his departure wouldn't have meant the end of Guns n Roses, because otherwise, no one would put up with his shit.

I know some people that is suffering from depression and it doesn't really affect their work or their relationships. But, there are levels. You prefer to talk about extremes, I rather talk about the most common cases.

If I talk about my mother again, by seeing her at work, you would never know that she was having a high on their depression. Only when she reached home and shut herself in her room was when we know that she was.

See, when you are this rigid, you sound about as fun as a stone when you get all worked up on things like this. It was all in good fun, you could've called me whatever as well, and you give me this prejudice bullshit. Maybe the age difference, who knows, but my apologies for trying to sew some fun into this back and forth.

Maybe torturing living beings is about fun to you. For me is a serious matter.

2. he was desperate.

Thing that you (we) don't know.

Addiction and desperation walk hand in hand; even if you don't reach out to an addiction in desperation, like trying out drugs because it's "fun" and "cool", you will become desperate for them.

Such a funny statement. So now desperation is about necessity and not about depression.

And in that sentence I also made an assumption that he might had other problems is well, and IF so, he would've been better off with "just" alcohol.

Which you cannot know. And, at last, you agreed on that you were making assumptions.

I addressed "being upset about critics to the band" at the beginning, so won't talk about it more. I really don't care. If you want to make me upset, criticize NIN, cats or Lost.

As for deserving it... that is a very good question. Can I deserve it? For sure, I make a habit of walking on people's nerves. Do I deserve it, though? That's a bit harder to answer, because the way I see it, I fight fire with fire. Yes, I use strawmaning and hyperboles and what not, which is basically the same thing I was complaining about, which is attacking the person insted of the statements, but, probably given by my superiority, I don't care about ridiculous outbursts like Darth Jester's. You can call me out for doing those things, or being mean with him (is he autistic? probably not. is he really a dumb person? how could i know), or arrogant, but almost everything he said was mind-blowingly dull. What he was doing is flame-baiting which, on stricter boards is actually bannable.

I value putting things to their right place way higher, than being nice to people who act like an idiot. Say In Flames and/or Anders sucks ass and they should retire, that's perfectly fine. But keep saying things which even contradict themselves, and then don't be surprised by whatever comes after that.

That's the problem, that you thing that you're right about everything, even about upseting people, because you're smarter than everyone else.

I eat like a girl and throw tantrums like a girl. I'm the very definition of a drama queen. *snaps fingers*

I'm repeating myself. Men just don't talk about bands making people wet. This and other things that I just don't remember now.

And I'm far more comfortable around my friends, because they know me, so I don't have to worry about being misinterpret, or think twice about what to say. They know I'm an "asshole", so they expect nothing less than cynicism and sarcasm flying around from me.

That's what you think. Did you seriously asked them?

*No, I'm joking around. It's what I do. You talk about maturing, well, I never ever wanted to mature. I like fun, I like making people laugh, and being super-duper serious is my very last resort. You say I'm acting like a child, I say I added "haha", because if I did not, it would've sounded way too mean and serious. While I do think this thread was an abomination from the start, and DJ's post are created by some random post generator, I liked how at least he realized your ridiculous mocking attempt about my assumed age, so I lightened up my sentence.

So you think that being mature is about being a serious person? But I wanna remind you about this:

As amusing as it was to keep calling each other stupid for not liking the music we do, it got pretty boring, and by the time you pass 12, you start to open up your mind a little bit.

Isn't it fascinating how we are the most complex creatures on Earth by far, yet you only need like one or two hours talking with someone, and you can pretty much reconstruct like... 60% of his/her past life? Who you become once you gain control over yourself is basically decided by your upbringing. It's not a life-long excuse, of course, you can form yourself from that point, but you are and will always work what you've been left with. You say I'm a spoiled brat, and surprise-surprise, I do not have any brothers or sisters. Who would have thought, right?

No I just said that the way you behave reminds me about him, and then described the similarities that I find. And tell me, what has to do being a spoiled brat with having brothers and sisters? Don't you have parents? Grandparents?

but even if I am a spoiled, arrogant asshole, it has absolutely nothing to do with whether I am right or not.

This is why I say that you reming me of him a lot.

I'm turning 24 on the 19th this month. My attitude is probably due to some changes, but it's awfully hard not to feel superior, when I turn on the TV and I see tens of thousands of morons. Then I go to my facebook, and people are discussing the most retarded shit about the migrant situation. And I'm just watching out of my head, and wondering "what if I am the idiot for not wanting to machine gun down everyone?" Then I come here, and people jump from one hyperbole to the other one, meanwhile my MP4 player has literally every kind of music on it, except country and classical. So I'm wondering, "Am I an idiot for not being overzealous?" Yes, I like Siren Charms but I listen to old IF as well. I also don't mind people hating on SC, or stating that TJR is their favorite, like whatever.

That's not the sensation you give, at least not to me.

Being the underdog is where I'm most comfortable at, so I don't mind. Also, these flaws have their advantages as well. I'd be at some serious crossroads if a little fairy came down to me right now, offering to remove some of my traits. Isn't the most fearsome thing is to become... boring? To lose identity? Who knows what keeps me from being one of those barking dogs on social media? Right now I'm a sometimes fucking annoying, but at least interesting nut to crack.

No. You're not. How do I know. THere are only two people answering you, myself and DE4LIFE, and it looks like he is not answering you anymore. THe rest of them are tired, of you and of me answering to you.

I gave you advice and I wa serious about this. But I'm telling you that I'm also tired of this. So this is the last time I'm feeding your pride.

arguin11.gif

Forgot to quote and I'm too lazy to go back: single children are usually spoiled since they get all the attention. Children with parents who had divorced, and the staying parent doesn't have much time to give the required attention the child needs, grow up to be much more independent. They can be the troublemakers as well, not to mention the girls with daddy-issues.

It's also easier to be (more) introverted as a single child. If I was bored I just went out to find two stones and pretended that they are spaceships. I still have a wide imagination and I could live perfectly fine even on a deserted island.

Anyway, it matters a lot whether you were a single child or not, but it shouldn't be surprising how even the smallest things can shape you into the person you later become.

I'm repeating myself. Men just don't talk about bands making people wet. This and other things that I just don't remember now.
Then, apparently I'm not a man. Brb, cutting some trees and growing a mustache.

That's what you think. Did you seriously asked them?
I know some of them for 19 years now, not to mention they've been there every time I got drunk. Trust me, drunk me is the last person you'd like to invite anywhere. I am also aware of my surroundings; it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to know that the person you are talking to is not interested or annoyed. From my experience, the latter is crucial if you actually want to be funny. Some people just never realize that they are completely off-track, and it's cringeworthy.

Then, apparently I'm not a man. Brb, cutting some trees and growing a mustache.

You should.

I know some of them for 19 years now, not to mention they've been there every time I got drunk. Trust me, drunk me is the last person you'd like to invite anywhere.

I'm laughing because, you know, that's exactly like my brother.

Not sure which part you are referring to. The drunk one I really can't help. And if you are implying I still don't know someone's general feelings about me after nearly 20 years, then that just underestimates me on a whole new level.

And the manliness thing is just stupid. Trying to enforce some social norm and/or role is unhealthy and it is one of the reasons someone can end up with self-image issues. I mean, there are 99 reasons why not to be a drama queen, but saying it's not manly is not one of them.

edit: ah, and I was meaning to say this in my last reply: you said de4life is not replying to me here anymore. You see, there is a huge difference between you walking away now and what he did. Can't say I understand why you funneled all your energy just to prove my statements can be wrong, but nevertheless, you participated with actual arguments. No one could blame you or even me for wanting to end this - I even goofed, when I said I assumed that stuff about Jesper. No, I still did not assume it, I was just struggling so hard to make that sentence work in English that I totally failed. Anyway, de4life on the other hand did not say shit. Yeah, he got worked up on out of context things, yeah, he did twist the meanings of what I've been trying to say, and I can accept it as part of a 21st century argument style on the interwebz, but he did not contribute with anything. All he kept repeating is a.) I surely don't know anything about depression (which is funny, because my parents basically made sure I grow up while at least one of them was suffering from it) b.) he won't say anything specific, because he's too cool to participate.

Yeah, why would I or anyone reasonable give a flying fuck about someone who made his posts through a bullshit generator, leave? Give me any, and I repeat, any topic, and I can do the same what de4life did. "Uhm, yeah, the Hadron Collider. It is a topic for exremely smart people, which you are not, so I won't tell you about the recent events there. I mean, for me, it's simple, easy, I could tell you in two sentences. I really could. But I won't, you are not worthy. And now I'm leaving!! Eat that!!" Damn, I do not even need all of those (almost) 24 years to see how big of a bullshit that is. But to be fair, when I sometimes walk into such territories where I'm totally clueless, I tend to do the same, to save some pride, so I guess I shouldn't judge so hard.

Couldn't sleep properly at work, so my brain was working, and among the trillion useless thoughts there were some IF related ones too. The most interesting is the fact that out of IF's 11,5 albums only two of them don't have a title track, STYE and ASOP. Now, imo the coolest cover goes to ASOP in a close race with Whoracle. The same can be said about titles. Whoracle is very cool, and A Sense Of Purpose makes your mind work overtime thinking what it could contain.

What I want to say? IF missed a huge opportunity with ASOP, because without the music it beat out almost every other record in everything else for the first spot. It even had a story going for it. IF has been the center of the "change or don't change" battles and they just released CC, which was a big throwback to their heavier days, after STYE which was more experimential, so, A Sense Of Purpose could've been a compilation of songs about individuals searching, finding and losing a sense of purpose AND the band itself. I mean, after CC, IF could rightfully asked themselves "okay, what do we want to do now? what do being a musician means to us now, when we did everything already?" Goddammit, I was so fucking hyped for ASOP back in the day. It was my first IF release which I could actually wait for. I'm not saying I don't like it, but I expected nothing less than a 10/10, because it was just so perfect.

Then came Sounds Of a Playground Fading, which sounds silly and forced, not to mention the cover, which is as deep as a blonde woman's thoughts from blonde woman jokes. Wow, a raven and a clock, what could it mean??!! *wink-wink* And go figure, that album was more liked overall.

The drunken part. After reading what you said about asop i'm starting to think that you're drunken most of the time

Then came Sounds Of a Playground Fading, which sounds silly and forced, not to mention the cover, which is as deep as a blonde woman's thoughts from blonde woman jokes. Wow, a raven and a clock, what could it mean??!! *wink-wink* And go figure, that album was more liked overall.

Siren Charms is the one which sounds silly and forced. Not because it's "softer" or "weaker", but because the music was dumbed-down SO much and SO simplified compared to the quality of the previous album.

As soon as Sounds of a Playground's first track starts you can feel the effort made, feel the atmosphere and emotion they tried to reach and in which they did successfully. Great mix of heavy, aggression, melody/melodic riffing and cleanly sung/screamed songs.

Siren Charms was a bare-minimum effort while going for a softer sound at the same time. Just didn't work out.

Siren Charms is the one which sounds silly and forced. Not because it's "softer" or "weaker", but because the music was dumbed-down SO much and SO simplified compared to the quality of the previous album.

As soon as Sounds of a Playground's first track starts you can feel the effort made, feel the atmosphere and emotion they tried to reach and in which they did successfully. Great mix of heavy, aggression, melody/melodic riffing and cleanly sung/screamed songs.

Siren Charms was a bare-minimum effort while going for a softer sound at the same time. Just didn't work out.

I'm starting to think that he is a troll. Or that he is trying to be a troll.