Why is it that everyone hates In Flames so much?

Demiurge said:
Can you please explain to me in musical terms why DT's melodies are more generic than those of In Flames?

First of all, I'm only comparing them to the Jester Race. Most of DT's riffs are based on pedal-tone patterns that progress in a simplistic, step-wise motion. The melodies on the Jester Race strike me as a little more distinctive.

Morbid_Corpse said:
welkin you are the biggest fag in the world....your paying him out for listening Death, and you like inflames. Shutup

HA

I don't like In Flames. I just appreciate the Jester Race more than anything DT has done. And yeah, Death is horrible imo, but I don't want to get into that. By the way, most of the time when I flame people here for their musical taste I'm usually completely bullshitting with them. It's just fun to start shit sometimes. Actually, I don't mind DT at all.

Dodens Grav said:
Mr. Toby, please spell my name right when insulting me.

I don't think that you liking Pantera is an insult...

I haven't heard any old In Flames, so I can't really say if I like it more than their new stuff or not, but their newer stuff doen't sound too great. I've heard most of RTR and I didn't like it a great deal.

Calling In Flames power metal is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Maybe they aren't death metal but they sure as hell aren't power metal. Since we have no problem creating a new genre for every band I'd call then Gothenberg Metal.

uhhhh.... their early work sounds a lot like really mediocre power metal with random blastbeats every now and then.

Maybe this is the same reason that some people can't accept the fact that Dragonland sounds exactly like new In Flames....

Hmm .. no "Gothenburg Metal" title exists as of yet, but there IS that particular sound that emulates from there. So...a "Gothenburg Sound"