Why is it that everyone hates In Flames so much?

:lol:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dead
The gallery was a pretty bad ass album, still being a ATG clone and all.

The only dumber thing I've heard about that album was when that one guy at Chronicles of Chaos called it a "Brutal Truth clone."
That was in reference to the band being a clone overall, and The Gallery was the only respectable thing they put out. Thank you come again.

Scourge of Malice said:
TJR is (in my opinion) hands down the best melo-death album ever and will ALWAYS be. That's just me though.

I agree definitely.. unless the new Dark Tranquillity ends up being the greatest album of all time... which would be great, but thats not too likely.

Erik said:
getout2.gif

Good to see that gifs made it to GMD ^^

And In Flames aren't THAT bad. I still reckon TJR and Whoracle have some great moments. Colony is listenable... it went downhill with Clayman IMO. And, personally, i've never really been a fan of either Lunar Strain or Subterranean.

dudes, i'm sorry but i'm gonna say it. As far as just writting good metal riffs and wonderfull melodies, Jesper Strombold is fucking amazing and incredibly talented. If any one hates what in flames is now is b/c they sound like Korn, Atleast the single to soundtrack to escape sounded like that. I'm angry because jesper is wasting his talent.

~Nailbomb~ said:
Because so many people use the butchered word till people accept it as a norm, so I guess it could be considered a legit word, though initially it actually had meaning compared to the insult these words have become nowadays.

You moron, language isn't static.

welkin97 said:
:tickled: Fuck you. Dark Tranquility write some of the most generic melodies I've ever heard. There's more inspiration and musical invention on a single Jester Race track than in any DT album.

Can you please explain to me in musical terms why DT's melodies are more generic than those of In Flames?

Slow and sure, a beating heart.
Is sure to have, the killing starts
The beating stops, fin de la vie.
Overkill rides again!!!

Agreed, Nailbomb obviously is a fag, gay, whatever he reckons is the most accurate use of the word....

Mr.Toby said:
Agreed, Nailbomb obviously is a fag, gay, whatever he reckons is the most accurate use of the word....
Well it depends on how you mean it by. If you're trying to use them as an insult for "homosexual", I'm not going to deny it.

Well, I don't really see the idiots going "OMFG NAILBOMBZ A FAG!1!!1" discussing In Flames, yet it's me who gets bitched at?

Right, well anyway, like I've said, their last two albums fucking blew and their other albums weren't really all that good. Doesn't really bother me that the turned to shit.

I'm a fan of the older IF stuff. The last two albums were utter shite compared to their old stuff but i could still listen to them if they were playe to me.
I know a lot of people say bands should be allowed to evolve but IF just seemed to jump from one style to another. I don't care what anyone else thinks of them, if like 'em and no-one elses opinion will change that.