"In Flames" opinions...

Soooo sorry I dont agree with you guys about the bands Slayer have brought with them or about In Flames. I havent liked ANY of the bands Slayer has brought aside from Overkill and Testament.
I'm sorry my opinion is different than yours (and apparently most people here) but please dont ridicule me for having it.
As far as POST 80's metal bands, I like:
Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Arch Enemy, LOVE Solitude Aternus and Nevermore, even Skinlab are pretty cool. There are others Ive heard and liked too, but In Flames is NOT one of them.
"Testament should know because its their board" ? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? So if the guys in Testament like a band that means theyre automatically great huh? LOL
Thats crazy!! You guys tell me and others to open our minds, why dont YOU realize that not everyone likes all the same bands.
I happen to like so many different kinds of music, lots of it you guys would probably hate. When it comes to metal, I dont like bands who have screamers rather than singers, sorry.
You ask for an opinion and when it doesnt jive with your own, you get mean and insulting, thats not very cool at all.
We are all supposed to be metal brothers and sisters here.

By the way MIND INSANE, the whole "Death to False metal" thing I took from ManOwaR back when I was in high school and just adapted my own version of it. It's just a slander of weak, commercial metal bands and more recently trendy nu-metal bands and the minions who blindly follow them. Also bands whose hearts and souls arent into it, thats all there is to it really.

I had to re comment on this because its just crazy and this arguing amongst ourselves has to stop.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
I Agree with MindInsane, he's knows whats up,

So because someone agrees with YOU, that makes it fact rather than opinion?

"open ypur eyes, theres good metal out their"

Yes THERE is, I just don't happen to think In Flames is one of those bands, fair enough?

"And it looks like their are only a couple of IN FLAMES haters.....................So you guys are out voted
................And way wrong............read the posts & opinions again.................IN FLAMES rules

Being "outvoted" only means we are in the minority of an OPINION and nothing more.

".........and the numbers prove it (more TESTAMENT really like IN FLAMES).........
And they should know, this is their board"

Again, I hope you see the absolute absurdity of this comment.
You are starting to sound like a whiny school girl now and I know you arent.

".....................Ya SLAYER never takes out any good metal bands, where have you been"

Uhm, Ive been standing there waiting for them to get off the stage. Aside from 85, 86, 88 and 91 they havent had ANY band open for them who were great thrash metal bands.

"thats false"

Again, you are saying my OPINION is false when it is in fact my truthful and honest opinion. I have a feeling there are some bands I think are great that you would think sucked. Does that make you wrong? Not in my book.

Person A: "I love chocolate milk!"

Person B: "I HATE milk! I think its disgusting."

Person A: "You are wrong! You are misinformed! Thats a false statement! More people like chocolate milk than dont, furthermore Cal Ripken Jr LOVES milk and he should know!"

See what I mean?

"false statements, make you look stupid"

There are NO false statements when it comes to OPINIONS my dear, and what makes someone look stupid (and quite ignorant I might add) is the way you have reacted to my OPINION.

"& uninformed............................but I knew that"

So now because I dont like bands like in flames, shitfly, system of a down syndrome and meshugah (to name a few) I am UNINFORMED?

My god, thats just crazy DB!
I'm not hear to argue or pick fights with you or any other TestAmenT fan. Lets just not ridicule people for their opinions, please, ok?
:)

Man, I hate when this shit happens. I hope this clears all this nonsense up and we can continue talking about METAL whether we all agree or disagree.

Back to the topic here.

I actually would give all In Flames albums a perfect ten in comparison with everything else. But then again, they are my favorite band (along with Testament and Megadeth)...so that fits. I'm gonna give my ratings for the albums in comparison with each other.

Whoracle: 10
The Jester Race: 9
Colony: 8
Clayman: 8
Lunar Strain/Subterranean: 7
Reroute to Remain: 6

Your opinion's are long winded & boring, aside from being out voted, uniformed & wrong....................And this is not an argument........
if it was you lost it badly.......................Quote:_______________________________ "You ask for an opinion and when it doesnt jive with your own, you get mean and insulting, thats not very cool at all."
my opinion is that no one pay attention to your opinion's on this topic...........I'm not being mean just expressing my opinion, on your stupid opinion's............IN FLAMES is well worth checking out
if your into Melodic Death METAL.................

Hunger of the undead...I wasn't meaning to "gang up" on you. I just hate the attitude that some of the '80s rockers have that everything post '80s sucks. Anyway...you did come across a little strong when you were telling us that In Flames suck.

Case and point;

"I could give 2 shits if the guys in Testament , Slayer or any other band for that matter like them."

Ya gotta admit...ya came across a little harsh...

AND...something doesn't jive here, you don't like the In Flames singing style...but...you do like Arch Enemy?? HMMMM.

Thank you Deadly Embrace...except..Mind Insane is a she :)

AND SWEDISH METAL KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!

"SLAYER sure thinks their metal enough to take out on tour, just like they took TESTAMENT on tour before."

Deadly...did you see that tour? That was my crowning live show moment!! My two fav bands on the same bill, I'll never forget that. I fought my way to the front and stood in front of Chuck. He is an absolute metal GOD!! He has the best stage presence of any frontman I've seen..and I've seen a LOT of concerts!! I go every time they are in my state. The last time I saw them was in my hometown during the dark grunge time when it wasn't cool to be a metal fan (remember those times??) I felt so bad because there was maybe 30 people at that show. BUT after the show I got to meet Chuck, he signed my ticket stub (I'm so stupid..I didn't have any of my Testament CDs with me) and I told him I had been a fan since '88 and he was like "really?" He almost sounded suprised. I was all.."hell yea!" He was so cool I was (and always have been) in absolute awe of him..he's the coolest guy ever!!

memories......

LOL!!

Originally posted by MindInsane
Hunger of the undead...I wasn't meaning to "gang up" on you. I just hate the attitude that some of the '80s rockers have that everything post '80s sucks."

I understand that, and as I pointed out there are some post 80's bands that I really like. Nevermore and Solitude Aeturnus are both fucking brilliant in my opinion. Unfortunetly there arent anywhere near as many THRASH bands these days as there were back in the day. So the more melodic bands like these 2 I find great because they have incredible vocalists and bands with guys just screaming and screaching rather than singing are annoying and juvenille to me.

"Anyway...you did come across a little strong when you were telling us that In Flames suck.
Case and point"

"I could give 2 shits if the guys in Testament , Slayer or any other band for that matter like them."
Ya gotta admit...ya came across a little harsh..."

True, but I only said that because I got aggravated by the ludicrous statement that Deadly Embrace made: The bizarre delusion that just because Slayer and Testament like a band then that means they must be great.
Which you have to admit is absolutely ridiculous.
Anyway, sorry if I offended you (or anyone) no harm intended, I assure you.

"AND...something doesn't jive here, you don't like the In Flames singing style...but...you do like Arch Enemy?? HMMMM."

Arch Enemy's vocalist (I havent heard the new one) wasnt a screamer he actually sang. Why doesnt it jive, is the new girl a screamer?

Arch Enemy's old vocalist sang? That makes me wonder if you really listen to them. Johan Liiva has by far the worst voice in that scene. Remember Joey Belladonna, who instead of singing just talked really loudly into the microphone? Johan basically does the same thing, but with a rough voice instead of a smooth one. I don't think that anyone can criticize someone like Anders Friden (In Flames), Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity), or Bjorn Strid (Soilwork), then turn around and praise Johan Liiva. By the way, all three of those vocalists mix clean singing into the heavy singing. Add to that list Marco Aro of The Haunted, who sounds like Tom Araya about half the time, but also mixes clean vox in.

Originally posted by TawnosX
Arch Enemy's old vocalist sang?

He did when I saw them with Nevermore. They were great.

"That makes me wonder if you really listen to them."

I don't listen to them, but I have heard some of their studio stuff and have seen them live.

"Johan Liiva has by far the worst voice in that scene."

well thats your opinion and your more than entitled to it my friend.

"Remember Joey Belladonna, who instead of singing just talked really loudly into the microphone?"

Sorry, but I have no idea where you are coming from. He sang his balls off on the Armed and Dangerous EP and on Spreading the Disease.

"Johan basically does the same thing, but with a rough voice instead of a smooth one. I don't think that anyone can criticize someone like Anders Friden (In Flames), Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity), or Bjorn Strid (Soilwork), then turn around and praise Johan Liiva."

First off I did NOT "praise" anyone. Secondly I didnt criticize anyone from dark tranquility or soilwork.

All this because I gave my opinion of one band....go figure.

Praise is relative, and relative to other things you said, you did praise Liiva. And you criticized In Flames' vocalist's style, which is the same style used by the singers of DT and Soilwork, so in turn you criticized them. You completely missed the point of the question "The Arch Enemy vocalist sang?" I wasn't saying that he wasn't the vocalist. I was saying that he DOESN'T SING. He yells, there's a difference, one I am sure you are well aware of based upon your previous comments. Yes, the other guys scream, but their vocals are less monotone than Liiva's.

Yes, what I said about Liiva is my opinion, but it is a largely agreed upon one (that doesn't make it right, opinions can't be right)...which amounts to the reason the members of AE and most of their fans couldn't care less when he left.

Originally posted by Sadistik
I ahte in flames

Subterranean 10
Jester race 8
Whoracle 7
Colony 2
Clayman 1
Reoroute to Remain -13:mad:

they suck almost as hard as Soilwork (straps on flame proof suit)

If ya want people to flame you about hating In Flames..you're gonna need to learn how to spell hate first...then....ya probably shouldn't give one of their albums a "10"......the message you're trying to convey is sorta confusing:) <-----------see...my head is spinnin'

Originally posted by TawnosX
Praise is relative, and relative to other things you said, you did praise Liiva.

I did?? First off I dont even know who the hell "liiva" IS. LOL
I assume however, this the former singer of Arch Enemy
I never "praised" him. I simply said I enjoyed the band in general as far as newer post 80s metal bands go. That was all I said...period the end.

"And you criticized In Flames' vocalist's style, which is the same style used by the singers of DT and Soilwork, so in turn you criticized them."

Okie doke! sure whatever you say Mr Wizard. I havent even ever HEARD those 2 bands so I am not going to criticize them, but if they have singers (and I use the term loosely) that holler and growl like the in flames clown, then I shall thank you for helping me to avoid them.

"You completely missed the point of the question "The Arch Enemy vocalist sang?" I wasn't saying that he wasn't the vocalist. "

I'm well aware of this as well as the fact that this was not your intent.

"I was saying that he DOESN'T SING. He yells,"

I got your point the last time.

"there's a difference, one I am sure you are well aware of based upon your previous comments. Yes, the other guys scream, but their vocals are less monotone than Liiva's."

I would say they are much more obnoxious, atleast to me. Or perhaps Arch Enemy are so much better musicians that his vocals didnt bother me as much as in flames? I dont know and I really dont care.

"Yes, what I said about Liiva is my opinion, but it is a largely agreed upon one (that doesn't make it right, opinions can't be right)"

tell that to deadly embrace.

"...which amounts to the reason the members of AE and most of their fans couldn't care less when he left.

Maybe he was an asshole? so the band wanted him out.
As far as the fans go, what would you expect, they replaced him with some hottie from what I understand and their fan base is mainly composed of teenage boys.

Listen, Im not here to argue about arch enemy. (or any other band for that matter) I could give 2 shits if they break up today or die in a fiery plane crash tomorrow, I wont miss them.

I do understand your point. You feel that arch enemys former singer sings basically just like in flames, soiled works or whatever they are called and dark tranquility, so how can I like one and not the other. Point taken and accepted, lets move on.

Good idea. The truth of the matter is that I don't care too much what your opinion is. People have different opinions, and I never expect anyone to have the same opinion as myself. But when people propose what seem to be baseless opinion, and propose them in a manner that seems like they are fact, it bothers me a little. The only thing I will say to you, is that the part about fans not being upset...I meant when he left and before they hired Angela (current singer)...just clarifiying. I'm glad I did a service by warning off those other bands, thereby saving you some time.

~Ok In Flames are heavier and more aggressive than Sabbath, but still not metal? Does your arguement have room to go anywhere? You'll find In Flames in the metal section at stores, just spaces away from where Korn is. Like 'em or not, they're largely considered metal. Manowar, jeez... yeah that "death to the false metal" campaign has worked wonders in the last dozen years hasn't it? Got rid of all the posers didn't ya? Oops, but you missed a few,... and there's 50 more signing to Roadrunner in the next couple years.

~Ok In Flames are heavier and more aggressive than Sabbath, but still not metal? Does your arguement have room to go anywhere? You'll find In Flames in the metal section at stores, just spaces away from where Korn is

and we all know korn is 100% metal :lol::lol: :lol:

after 2 more albums like Rerout to remain, just wait n see how many people call them "metal" then ;)

the band is over folks.

they had there day now there done much like metallica...

and hope this thred is done too... getting really old...

anyone remember a band called Testament? :)