Damage done, satisfaction once again

Ðárk ÈntÌtÝ

New Metal Member
Sep 2, 2002
Australia
Visit site
Was too busy with Haven cranking and missed the release of damage done (shock horror). Just heard some today whilst fighting the eternal debate In Flames vs DT? Lets just say Reroute to Remain (new IF cd) is feeling a bit dizzy in the ring and another killer release from DT will be the knockout blow. Once again DT is the victor between to two metal gods, pity about some of the old stuff DT, in flames really had you there... , but keep those awesome releases coming (projector, haven and damage done to be specific!).

Orgasmically satisfied,
Ðárk ÈntÌtÝ

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
BiatchGuy: Don't be such a spoilsport and bring reality into it.

:lol:

yeah, I do that a lot; other places, they call it "negativity"

The new Dark Tranquillity is amazing. The energy, speed, and the infusion of melody - I am not usually a fan of overtly melodic albums, but DT manages to do it in non cliché way without sounding forced. This album is, at least during the first dozen spins, a definite classic. Time will tell how it ranks eventually.

Especially compared to Haven (which I liked too though) this is a step up. Haven kind of lost it's momentum after the first 4 songs, but Damage Done just keeps on going with amazing songs after another.

In Flames on the other hand has been boring for a long time. I did like Jester Race, but after that it went too happy and recycling of 80's melodies. I've heard they've infused some nu-metal elements lately to their sound.

All power to DT, Heil!