old DT fans

Vondur

New Metal Member
Jun 8, 2002
USA
Visit site
I have been a DT fan since The Gallery came out and was completely blown away by it. I also really enjoyed The Mind's I, Skydancer, Of Chaos and Eternal Night, and the Zodijackyl Light EP. I liked DT so much I named my radio show after it with the help of my co-host. I even had a DT chatroom on IRC for a brief time.
When Projector came out, I was completely disappointed and let down. I couldn't recognize the band anymore and the clean vocals were abysmal. Haven wasn't much of an improvement and I thought for sure DT would be relegated to the "has beens" of metal along with Slayer, Anthrax, andcountless others.
Today, however, I found on Audio Galaxy (I'll buy the damn thing as soon as it's out, calm down, I'm not one of those loser fans who has entire harddrive full of mp3s but not one damn album by a band - grow up and buy the fucking thing if you enjoy it, otherwise forever be condemned to poser-status) most of the songs off the new album. Once again, I was competely fucking blown away!!!! This is the Dark Tranquillity I remember! Aggressive, melodic, passionate, original, brutal, catchy, it fucking rules! No, it's not the Gallery pt II or some such nonsense, but that's not important. What is important is that they have once again created quality songs, integrated new ideas, and created something worthy of the name Dark Tranquillity.
I will probably never like projector or haven, but after hearing these songs I am proud to call myself a DT fan again. : )
Great fucking job!!!!!
I don't know, with Damage Done and Silent Night Fever (Dimension Zero) being released, it reminds me of when every new album I got was a guaranteed 10.

this was so moving i'm going to forgive for (a) mentioning dloading dd on the official board and (b) not liking projector which is imo one of the best records of all times. :cry: :)
however, my empathy/sensitivity/good mood does not go so far as to forgive for comparing dd and something as excruciatingly dull as the new dimension zero. :p

rahvin.

Projector was awesome. All of their cd's since Skydancer have been great, (I cannot take Friden's vocals on the majority of it).
My favorite DT album changes almost weekly. Those are my useless and unsolicited two-cents.

This is exactly why I refrain from posting on useless message boards. My comments were directed towards DT, not the useless scum that inhabits this board, the trendy new poser fans, and all the other loser useless two-legged shit. DT is not a "cult," so fuck you. "Projector" is homosexual gothic nonsense with horrendous clean-singing, fuck you, your opinion means nothing. Skydancer is a great album, you don't like it, then fuck you too. Dimension Zero rules, you don't like it, then fuck off. I was listening to all of these bands before you had even heard of music coming from Sweden, so one more general fuck off to all of you. And yes, after hearing the crap that is/was haven and projector, no way in hell would I rush out to buy a DT album without hearing it first. So, I am grateful to AG for providing that "listening station" and the band should be grateful also because now they will sell at least one copy of the album when it is released.
All future postings will be ignored by me, so save your pathetic attempts at expressing what measly sense of anger this may generate in you.

to quote terry pratchett and neil gaiman: wow, this went down like a lead balloon. :lol:
i guess all your future postings will be vehemently laughed at by everybody here. this just in case there will be any, which i tend to find very unlikely. :)

rahvin.

what a fucking prick you are! If this was intended for the band then you should use their e-mail addresses on their site and not the board you dumb-ass!! And you're so fucking full of yourself! Everyone is entitled to his own opinion and everyone should respect that, so if you don't, suck my bubu and get the fuck out of here, over and out

hahaha... not really. Honestly, with subhumans like this, if I were the band, I wouldn't care less if he lived another day, nevermind if he ever bought a CD :lol:

btw., did I get the bubu thing right? It was my first attempt :p

this guy really needs help, for a pro :lol: . funny that he just burst in flame all the sudent... did we insult him in anyway?

@Narcoloth: heck, you'll always be a true member in here :)

- red_beef [bring out the bubu]

Holy crap. What the hell was that shit? Did I miss something pertinent? I don't understand why that dude suddenly snapped. Perhaps he is bipolar or something, lol. Probably because everybody did not share his opinoin to a tee, he snapped. The police are probably in his neighborhood by now investigation several sporatic, unjustified homicides. Damn.

And BTW, Vondur, that generated probably absolutely no anger from anyone. I myself was almost falling out of my chair in hysterics at your childish outburst, and your (obvoiusly) severely limited vocabulary, ("fuck off, fuck you too, one more general fuck off, etc").

Still Laughing

@lethe78: we have to be very patient with him. what with buying all these old dt records, he never managed to purchase a whole dictionary. so far, he's got the whole of the letter "f" and he's going through it starting from the bottom. he would have liked to use the words "fumble", "funnel" and "furry" in his post, but somehow didn't manage to put them in their proper context. :)

rahvin.