PETITION for In Flames/DT Nostalgia Tour

Feb 18, 2008
Let's get In Flames back on their feet (dignity-wise, not financially, of course).

I posted this over in the In Flames forum to see if there was any interest among the fans there to see In Flames do a tour where they played solely classic tracks (like, from their first four albums).

What I proposed was this:

"A Gothenburg nostalgia tour, with In Flames and Dark Tranquillity as co-headliners. Maybe 90 minute sets each. You could call it Gothenburg Titans or some such. Each band plays material off only their first four or so albums (somewhat like Maiden did during the ozzfest in which In Flames participated). Stuff fron Lunar Strain / Subterranean ; Jester Race / Black Ash Inheritance ; Whoracle and Colony only for In Flames. And Skydancer ; Of Chaos and Eternal Night ; The Gallery and The Mind's I only for Dark Tranquillity. Stanne and Friden could switch off as vocalists for each bands respective first album tracks.

It wouldn't even a hinderance from the promotion side of things. They could time the tour right before the release of each band's next album, before people have gotten a chance to hear it.

I don't know what the sales numbers look like for In Flames' newer discs compared to their older ones, but I know that there is a substantial group of heavy music fans who loved the older In Flames classics and would love a chance to see those tracks played live again. I know quite a few people who would likely ritually sacrifice the dreadlocks on Anders Friden's head for a chance to see a tour like this.

So, if you agree with any of the above, it'd be nice if you attached yourself to the petition. Even if you're a fan of the newer In Flames, surely you'd enjoy a chance to see the tracks that started them off played live.

I'm really just trying to test how much interest there would be in such a tour and if it could be commercially viable, so, please, if you have interest, post a reply. Maybe someone will take notice? Tell yer friends."

I know (think?) that many DT fans, like myself, are also fans of, at least, In Flames older material and that there is a large group of people who would love to see that stuff played live.

If anybody over here has any interest, please post a reply.

Tour... where? US, Europe, Antarctica?

Contact the bands' management and find out if the bands are interested.

Then - show me the numbers.

I've been a fan of both bands for 10 full years and counting, seen them in concert about 2 dozen times altogether (on the same tour as well), and I don't really care if such tour will happen. I want them to tour all over the place and play new music, not stuff from 8-10 years ago.

I've been a fan of both bands for 10 full years and counting, seen them in concert about 2 dozen times altogether (on the same tour as well), and I don't really care if such tour will happen. I want them to tour all over the place and play new music, not stuff from 8-10 years ago.

Fair enough for DT, but In Flames new music is almost comically wretched.

/signed

Alright, Plintus.

Thanks for your input. Realistically, I'm not trying to organize this tour any time soon. I have no personal connection to either of the bands or their managers. I would have no influence with them if I did contact them.

I'm just trying to see if there is interest among fans in a tour like this. I would say its safe to assume that this is not a tour that In Flames would propose, support or organize themselves. That's why I'm checking with other fans to see if it's something that they might support. And, if there is enough support for it, perhaps someone with some sort of connection to the bands might notice. And, perhaps the fans' interest might inspire interest among the band members.

I've seen each band several times as well, and I really like more or less all of DT's new stuff at least. It's just that I've heard tracks like Lost to Apathy live several times, while I've never gotten to see Shadow Duet or Of Chaos and Eternal Night, and I'd like to.

I'm just polling the fans, man.

There are not enough fans on this board to change any decision the management of either band makes. Since there aren't too many bands who have done this I doubt there is a big chance DT and IF are going to do it. The only hope you can have is that a rich person will book them exactly for that person somewhere near you. Chances are really low for that as well.

My advice: Start working really hard today so you get a great job and lots of money someday so you can book them

(Maybe I just changed a life for the better, I am sooo good :saint:)

I do not see why we should ruin perfectly nice songs by having Friden sing them. Again.

Somewhat cool idea, as I haven't seen many older songs of either band live (heck, I've never bothered to see In Flames because of their current setlists). However, I highly doubt this amounts to anything more than a wet dream.

Anders' voice is more shot now than it has been, so I really wonder if he could handle that old style of vocals. Not trying to make fun of the band (I do like old In Flames), but I seriously wonder if its even logistically possible.

I think I'd rather see DT and At The Gates, as Suwat suggested in an earlier thread.

Superb idea! I would love and love to hear this is happening!

As Quantum said, it will not be a "what-the-hell-we-did-last-years". It will be a NOSTALGIA tour, or at least a grand concert with a DVD for example.

We, lovers of the first albums and so sentimental to them, would be terribly happy to witness such an event. Mainly because it is a fact that old stuff is always disregarded on concerts by all bands.

Superb, Quantum, thank you for being sentimental! :heh:

If we're going to make up impossible stuff in our minds, let them play Septic Broiler and Hammerfall songs :p and they should shave beards one hour before the gig so they look a bit more like they did 10 years ago.

Anders' voice is more shot now than it has been, so I really wonder if he could handle that old style of vocals. Not trying to make fun of the band (I do like old In Flames), but I seriously wonder if its even logistically possible.

I think I'd rather see DT and At The Gates, as Suwat suggested in an earlier thread.

Anders voice shot? I've never heard of this. I thought he altered his vocal style because of personal choice. If you ask me, doing the screaming and higher pitched style he does now is much more strenuous on the vocal cords than growling.
As for DT and ATG touring, well just the thought gives me a raging boner

Anders voice shot? I've never heard of this. I thought he altered his vocal style because of personal choice. If you ask me, doing the screaming and higher pitched style he does now is much more strenuous on the vocal cords than growling.

Ask a vocalist. I've always been told that he reverted to his new style of singing because he couldn't hack those growls anymore. For what its worth, I've never really liked his vocals, at best they are decent, at worst they are bad, so I guess I'm prejudiced. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to go in to higher pitches for the metalcore stuff just because it mixes better. I honestly don't know, I've never talked to the man :p.

In medley. :zombie: Ugh.

hahahaha. :p