DT ravaging Arvika

herneheim

Photog. Extraordinaire
Dec 30, 2005
Capital city, Sweden
www.herneheim.se
This was interesting. First DT show at the legendary small time festival "Arvikafestivalen", located in the middle of nowhere, close to the Norwegian border. First time I attended this festival as well, and when I got there, I realized why I haven't bothered before.
This festival is like 50% happy pop bands such as The Hives, The Ark, Marit Bergman and other crap that makes me sick.
Then, we have some EBM/Industrial acts. Hocico was interesting :) Missed VNV Nation though. And there were some trance or whatever the kids called it. Infected Mushroom did a very interesting gig, including a live drummer and a guitar player and some dude playing bongo drums etc.

Then there was metal. Along with DT, we could also see In Flames (playing right after DT, on the biggest stage, spending €30'000 on fireworks), Pain, Sonic Syndicate, Keep of Kalessin, Memfis, Nine etc etc.

Apparently DT was the first metal band of the entire festival. They played in a tent during the early evening. It seemed to be a rather small crowd, but as soon as the band came on stage, a couple of hundred metal heads showed up from nowhere and started headbanging and moshing.
The show was awesome, with no real surprises. First time I've heard Blind at heart live though. It was a pity to see that the space between the stage and the crowd was kinda big. And the security people were kinda strict.. So the crowd interaction was not as intense as it usually is. Too bad for the kids who hadn't seen DT play live before. All in all, an awesome show!

Here are some pics from this show, I hope you like them :)

dt_3877.jpg

dt_3842.jpg

dt_3812.jpg

dt_3764.jpg

dt_3672.jpg

dt_3577.jpg

dt_3546.jpg

dt_3505.jpg

dt_3482.jpg

dt_3456.jpg

dt_3281.jpg

Cheers!

lucky man,i could Imagine how Terrific the gig is.thanks for sharing the pic,looks great,:lol: :worship:

em...in flames really are bunch of rich guy.pain is also my favorate too,Peter must be the coolest man on that gig.:headbang: :headbang: :Smokin:

Cool shots, but "no real surprises" :cool:

if you want to really experience a band, you do it on a headline gig/tour, festivals bring different experience.

Yeah, I kinda hoped they'd play My friend of misery ;)
Well, very true. But a festival like this is a good place to show your qualities to the youngsters who still haven't found their favourite band.

What really makes me sick is that we don't get such fireworks here.

No? Why not?

What really makes me sick is that we don't get such fireworks here.

I saw in flames twice but both times it was an indorr show. I guess they can't have fireworks at every show (otherwise it would end up being pretty unsustainable) so they only do that at big outdoor festivals, also because of security motivations, I think.

but I'd love to see In Flames with fireworks at my place!!! :cry:

I saw in flames twice but both times it was an indorr show. I guess they can't have fireworks at every show (otherwise it would end up being pretty unsustainable) so they only do that at big outdoor festivals, also because of security motivations, I think.
We will see if they also have fireworks in Wacken...