Gore and violence

I have to watch 1408, everyone keeps telling me how good it is

But onto the gore/violence subject, I am almost cold to it in tv and movies, but all those in depth medical shows, I still can't handle too much, I think because I know that shit is real. I do protect my kids from it to a degree, but as they get older it is harder and harder to control. I have never been one to want mass protection from my government, I believe that it is still a matter of self regulation, don't like it, turn it off, simple solution really

You'll never be able to shield them from it completely, but don't panic. I used to watch horror movies from about the age of 6 or 7, and gorey fucked up ones from about 11. That was back in the day when you could walk into one of those new video shops (very modern!) and borrow anything you liked, and they didn't care how old you were. Did it turn me into a sadistic killer? No, because I was brought up properly by my parents and I understood it was not real, and not only that but there was such a thing as right and wrong and everything in those movies was wrong. I'm so sick of reading about movies and video games being banned today because some fucking moron might kill someone if they play Grand Theft auto or something. These same people have been dragged up by unfit parents - so is it the lack of parenting or is it the game/video/movie? You're a good dad Southy, and as long as you continue to be your kids will do fine. :)

I'm so sick of reading about movies and video games being banned today because some fucking moron might kill someone if they play Grand Theft auto or something. These same people have been dragged up by unfit parents - so is it the lack of parenting or is it the game/video/movie? You're a good dad Southy, and as long as you continue to be your kids will do fine. :)
HELL YEAH!

Yeah. Occasionally there's a really good episode, like the one where they were trapped in the sherriff's office, but mainly it's pretty much the same story each week. And the whole "demon" thing is really tiresome. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed already strangled that to death.

I like the x files and supernatural episodes where each episode is a different investigation into some spooky shit

fuck the storyline.

X-files was the best with Tooms.

I agree, especially regarding the x-files... loved watching the early seasons when i was in my teens and I was less critical of what I watched.

Ah k. Don't think I've seen it then. Was Nicholas Cage in a film with a number in the title?

I'm obviously thinking of something that doesn't involve a number. Either that or I watched an entire film thinking that John Cusack was Nicholas Cage.