Gore ?

Johannes 13,18

my confidant
Nov 30, 2004
Germany
www.szyn.de
Anyone know anything about the dutch instrumental band GORE ??
I just heard they'd be great but never anything else... i don't even know if they're metal or jazz or whatever... so don't bash me if i posted in the wrong forum...

who can give me a link or a song?

Thank you guys!

Gore is a strange and endearing band indeed. I have their 'Heartgore' lp. The front cover is a picture of a heart impaled by a knife. It's absolutely primitive slow grindcore music from a time before grind was even invented. Strangely there are a lyrics written for all of the songs although they are performed as instrumentals. I think they are intended to 'create a mood' and often read more like short stories.

Gore make Hellhammer seem polished and refined. Seriously, if you imagine a two or three chord really slow chugging crust riff repeated for seven minutes with no variation by a tiny sounding guitar over a simplistic, poorly played, never-changing drum rhythm with no fills you won't be too far away.

I think the album I have was released in some ridiculous year like 1980 (there’s no date on the sleeve or even any band info). It’s definitely the heaviest thing released at that time and pre-dates anything comparable by years. It’s good educational listening and the band is somewhat hilarious, deeply cryptic and 100% guaranteed not to be enjoyed by Children of Bodom fans and/or most women.

well that explaines it all. i became interested for that band when i read a biography of the german band "bohren und der club of gore". What you mentioned about "repeating-simple-riffs-very-often" sounds like a description of them. so i guess they somehow overtook not only the name but the whole music. interesting.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
What the fuck grind isn't slow.

Grindcore is the most apt label I can think of. Also, most classic grindcore juxtaposes slow and fast passages. For example, the start of the song Scum by Napalm Death is a 'slow' riff, yet still most definitely Grindcore. This album is all ALL slow riffs in that style; only even something as simplistic as Scum sounds technically blinding in comparison.