Gorey recommends II

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
"Star Man" by Michael Francis. This is a book recommended to Xena by Juz. She read it in a day and a half! This is the autobiography of Michael Francis, a bodyguard to the stars who's worked with Led Zep, Bad Co., Cher, Kiss, Sheena Easton, Gary Numan and with Bon Jovi on both the "Slippery When Wet" and "New Jersey" tours. I haven't finished it yet, but he really lifts the lid on the touring antics of Jon and the lads, including an entire chapter dedicated to a week-long sex, booze and drugs binge they undertook in secret in North Queensland after their Aussie tour in 1989 where they quite possibly out-partied even Motley Crue with 25 women between them. It's probably not quite as debauched as Richard Cole's Led Zeppelin memoirs, but it's still a good read especially as it was written by a guy who couldn't even read and write until he was 16.

Go Richie! :worship:

If I am ever reincarnated I want to come back as Richie Sambora :worship:

I didnt think they were that into drugs though?

I feel like a parent who just found out their kids were doing drugs. Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Dave Bryan... Its always the quiet ones...

:) I sort of felt the same way actually. You can see why they probably wanted to keep this sort of thing quiet though. There's a great line in there about Motley Crue too: "The guys in Motley Crue are completely out of control. Every band loves girls and drugs, but the Crue are constantly trying to out do everyone else. Most bands do drugs because they like them. These guys do drugs because they think they have to." There's a great chapter about Jovi, the Crue, Skid Row, the Scorpions, Ozzy and Cinderella flying together to Moscow for the Peace Festival. How I wish I had been on that plane.

:lol: :lol: Sounds exactly what id expect about Motley Crue :)

Bon Jovi cant have been doing it all that much if they never got caught or were out of it on stage or anything I guess.

There's a funny story in there about Jon, Dorothea and Michael Francis breaking into the ice-skating rink in Central Park. The rink is owned by Donald Trump, and when he finds out Bon Jovi's been arrested, he faxes the police station and tells them to let him go, or his daughter will never speak to him again. :)

Well there was no doubt Richies penis would be about 3 feet long, after Heather had Tommy Lee she wasnt really going to take any less.

Hmmm... I reckon Vince could Jon, Tico could take Tommy, as Tommy can only beat up girls, Alec and Nikki would be interesting, but junkies arent exactly strong so ill give it to Alec and Mick wouldnt stand a chance against anyone. So Bon Jovi would have won.