Gorguts

I prefere older Gorguts over their newer.

Considered Dead is my favorite.

bought the roadrunner `from the vault` album for gorguts, took me a while to realize how godlike these canadians are, superb death metal at its finest

Gorguts are great. Too bad they aren't around anymore. I love all their stuff, but their first two are actually my favorites, as I love straight up old school dm.

Yep. Old School death metal is the only death metal.

Well, yea, with the exception of Gorguts and a couple of other modern DM bands, who managed to retain that feeling which makes OSDM so special.

Well, what I wanted to say is that the clear production doesn't detract from their modern era works, it's perfectly tailored to the band's sound. And the music is spirited, something that is also true of many OSDM classics.

what you are truly implying is that modern death metal is trash and when a purely modern death metal album is great (like later obscura) it is still somehow connected to OSDM even when the sound is 100% modern DM, this doesn't make much sense to me either, but hey whatever floats your boat...

I'd be inclined to agree, though most bands suck regardless of production. Outside of nile, lykathea, augury, gorguts and deeds of flesh, I'd say I listen to 99% OSDM as well.

strangely though, I generally prefer later works by the OSDM greats, later immolation >>> dawn of possession. I'm not a fan of the muddy production of the very early 90's a lot of times.

I don't like Deeds of Flesh and newer Immolation,in my opinion, outside of Unholy Cult is completely average. But hey, at least we agree on the OSDM bit.:kickass:

Well, yea, with the exception of Gorguts and a couple of other modern DM bands, who managed to retain that feeling which makes OSDM so special.

You need to get Wicked Innocence - Omnipotence. Totally modern and IMO totally as good as, if not better than Obscura. It baffles me why so few new bands have latched on to this style.