Got hired to build rolling rack case for my job, suggestions?

RedDog

Humanoid typhoon
Sep 7, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The idea is to either rackmount the board, a Mackie VL...1604...I think, or put it inside a rolling case that can lock to store a few cables and mics. Now I've looked at some rack gear and a lot of it really looks like I can buy a desk drawer or filing cabinet and drill some holes for wheels to make do. But I guess it needs to be professional, or professional looking, but I'm stumped for ideas. Any suggestions would be really appreciated, here's some criteria.

1. Has to lock up to store mics and cables
2. needs to roll.
3. possibly fit a mackie 1604 board, no snake.
4. Can't look ghetto.

Get at me.

The reason it needs to lock is I'm tired (especially as a kitchen shift lead) of working all night in a pizza kitchen with the state's largest brick oven and having to run out, set up a board, mic level check and blind mix a band, and expect all of my gear to be safely put away at the end of the set. The idea behind that is to not pay the band until all the gear has been checked back in. Ideas? Thoughts?

Yeah, why not. I was looking to fix casters to a locking cabinet, but these are standard. It's not my money anyway. Thanks dudes.