Gothic Muzik

Goldendexter

New Metal Member
May 8, 2003
Any recommendations? I feel as though I am not as deep into the genre as I would like to be. Educate me.

Tristania is great. The song "Deadlocked" is an excellent song. Darkwell isn’t so bad, either. I’m hoping to fall into some more bands like this. I hope this gives you somewhat of an idea of what I’m looking for. Feel free to bring me beyond, though.

Discuss.

I would recommend After Forever and Lacuna Coil... except for Cradle of Filth, none of the bands Hulk Hogan named play gothic metal.

Faggoth is the name of a genre that some people invented probably because they think they are more intelligent and has more musical knowledge than everyone else so they can throw some insults as they wish. Elitists fags who don't know shit about anything and like to think the opposite so they could feel less shitty about their useless life, that's what they are.

AsModEe said:
Faggoth is the name of a genre that some people invented probably because they think they are more intelligent and has more musical knowledge than everyone else so they can throw some insults as they wish. Elitists fags who don't know shit about anything and like to think the opposite so they could feel less shitty about their useless life, that's what they are.

Yeah? Lacuna Coil fucking blows.

AsModEe said:

go away faggoth faggot!

And here I thought you guys might have some goodies for me.

Though, I've never heard Atrox or Draconian, so I'll have to check those out. By the look of the rest of your list, though, I'm not expecting much.

The Gathering and Within Temptation as Gothic? Hardly.

I find gothic bands very bad, especially when they have sucky male vocals. However, there are a few bands that are special and some people would possibly label some elements of their music as "gothic" (even though I strongly dislike the term). I recommend:

Switchblade Symphony

Sopor Aeternus and any other project of Anna Varney (Nenia C'alladhan, Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows) - (s)he captures the very essence of music in the most unique way

The Third And The Mortal (mostly their first two releases "Sorrow" and "Tears Laid In Earth"; their other releases aren´t bad either, though I wouldn´t label them as "gothic"; there are some - unfortunately - very short soundsamples in the audio/video-section of their official website and a full-length video of their song "Magma" from their second album "Painting On Glass")

I second the recommendation of Atrox, though I don´t think they fit any category (at least not their albums "Contentum", "Terrestrials" and "Orgasm").

I also suggest to visit Sonic Cathedral and check out their links-section.