Granada

Gunstar9

Skeletor Goes to Mars
Jan 30, 2005
As most of you probably already know, the Granada is out of rooms. If anyone plans to cancel PLEASE let me know so I can call and get the room right when you do. I will have 4 people total but we'll sardine ourselves into a room with only 1 king bed designed for 2 people if necessary. Thanks alot!

AIM - Mr Twisted Skull
YAHOO - gamemetropolis
MSN - newgohan@hotmail.com

EMAIL - gunstar9@bellsouth.net

MYSPACE - www.myspace.com/mrtwisted

I think those are enough ways to contact me lolz. I must partake of the sweet mills this year. Plese don't try to email to that hotmail address, I only use it for MSN messenger.

I'll have a king I may be giving up this weekend. Want a room at another hotel but need to wait until travelocity opens up those dates to get the cheaper reservation. On Friday the entire weekend will finally be within the 330 day limit websites like travelocity and hotwire allow.

Cool, well maybe travelocity or such websites have rooms reserved just for them by giving the hotels x amount of money way ahead of time. So hopefully rooms will open up or something, please god no super 8!

I seem to be in that same boat as well..:Smug:

Oh god, super 8 is pretty rough, I dread having to stay there again next year if I have to. Our roof was caving in in our room, from leakage. :mad:

yeah, super 8 is ROUGH.
one mile to walk drunken and then chased by crackheads...no thanks...RESIDENCE to the rescue!

yeah, super 8 is ROUGH.
one mile to walk drunken and then chased by crackheads...no thanks...RESIDENCE to the rescue!

LOL yep, the crackheads. Oh yes, the crackheads. We stood on the balcony at 2 am and watched this crackhead get busted by the cops in the parking lot of the Super 8 we stayed at. It was definatly a kick :lol:

Another thing about Super 8 - I'd love to be able to close the bathroom door so I could take a shit in peace. :Smug:

Nothing wrong with Super 8. I'll be staying there again if I go this year.

As for Granada, remember that you've got lots more people planning to go to Progpower than will actually go. Then those who are going will start to consolidate the rooms to save money.

I've never had a problem finding a room available anywhere around June or July. I've even been able to find rooms in most hotels the week of the festival.

This rush to reserve rooms in November is not only unnecessary, but counterproductive. The day after the show sells out, 100 reservations or more will be cancelled.

Yeah it pays to keep calling every few weeks or so to check on availability. You have to remember that the Granada also hosts people that come in for conferences. So there's bound to be cancellations further down the road.

We need to have some huge hotel chain sponsor Progpower (ha ha).

Yeah, we still have a long time to go. i see many rooms becoming available..maybe we should start our own metal hotel 'PROGPOWER SUITES' fully loaded bars in every room. free condoms. free mints. pools in every room. bathroom doors...

Yeah, we still have a long time to go. i see many rooms becoming available..maybe we should start our own metal hotel 'PROGPOWER SUITES' fully loaded bars in every room. free condoms. free mints. pools in every room. bathroom doors...

:lol: :lol: we in UMOS forum were discussing a tropical island heavy metal vacation spot and what we'd make of the Island, what tours and sights to see, etc. etc. It's fun to dream:p

I'd be happy with pre-ordered beer. I hate arriving hours after much travel angst and have to then make a trip to the store before getting a cold one. I'm pay to have someone throw a six (or 12) pack in the fridge for our arrival.

Why not get a bunch of people to chip in and pay for a hotel room for one night(a day before we all arrive) for someone, give this person some money and have them go buy a few cases of beer ice them down and have a cold one waiting for us when we arrive. Just an idea, far-fetched but still.........

Why not get a bunch of people to chip in and pay for a hotel room for one night(a day before we all arrive) for someone, give this person some money and have them go buy a few cases of beer ice them down and have a cold one waiting for us when we arrive. Just an idea, far-fetched but still.........
Sounds awesome to me. :kickass: Or maybe have an Atlanta res. hang out on the porch at the Granada with a cooler. I'd give 'em a big tip. :cool:

I pretty much do that anyways. But getting everyone brews? LOL, thats a pretty tall order :kickass: