Granada

You could probably call the hotel your staying at and ask them to put a 4 or 6 pack in your room before you arrive as a customer service courtousy. I recently stayed at a Marriot hotel in San Diego when my friends birthday rolled around. I asked to have a Cake in my room before arriving, and not only was it exactly what I asked for and perfect, it was Comp'd! ... but I did end up paying $600 for the room :D

Ok. The Granada is at it again. I made my reservation last October. Called in January and all was well. Just called now and they can't find my name or confirmation number. I was told I must be calling the wrong hotel because their confirmation number are only 4-digits long and mine was longer. After much time on hold, I was then told that they changed their reservation computers and my reservation was made on the old system. The manager, Autumn would call be back later to confirm that I still had a reservation.

Anyone who made a reservation prior to January (all of us, I assume) better check their reservation.

Update: Ok, they called me back and they found my reservation. Don't know why they couldn't find me in the system based on my name. ANYWAY, they gave me a NEW confirmation number. If you have one that has letters at the beginning and is more than 4-digits long, call for a new one just to avoid those moments of panic we've all come to expect when checking in at the Granada.

bypassed everything this year and booked a 3br 3 bath fully loaded townhouse in Atlantic Station. 1 mile away but between the 5 of us we are saving $2200 (that's based on each of us paying $179 a night for 4 nights, now we pay $268 each for the whole 4 nights)

Kitty, didn't realize they did that....though, it's an idea for next year, and lots of us can get row houses and have a bbq! :D

Yeah, I told the guy (he's owner in CA) that if it worked out this year I could gaurantee to rent his units each year.

If anyone is interested in his other unit, let me know and I'll see if it is still avail. I think it was a 2br 2 1/2 bath, with sleeper sofa.

Lara; hope to talk to you tonite!:p

Just to touch upon something mentioned above... you can get the Residence to go get beer or whatever for you. I have done it the past couple of years. They send a guy out to wherever the closest Krogers is, and charge the amount to your room. Its greeaaaattt.

FYI, I just cancelled my reservation there. So there should be 1 more room available in case someone wants to try.

Irene