Grand Illusion-Brand New World(AOR/Melodic Rock)

dionysus11

MSTmike3K
Feb 28, 2008
Columbus GA
Grand Illusion - Brand New World
In 2008 H.E. Demon Kakka asked if it was possible to bring in Peter Sundell to help out with the background vocals for the third Girls Rock album. Anders asked Peter and he agreed to help out. That was the start for many talks about the future and the decision was taken to record a couple of songs and see what would happen. But it did not stop with only a couple of songs. Anders quickly wrote 17 new songs.

Per Svensson decided to also come back to the band but other original members either didn't have time or wasn't interested to take part of a reuniuon. So Grand Illusion of today consists of Anders, Peter and Per. It's not a big differnce from the past since Anders played most of the instruments on the old albums and Peter and Per has always done all the vocals.

Recordings start
In april 2009 Anders took the plane to Los Angelese to record drums with Gregg Bissonette in WoodCliff studios, Sherman Oaks. While in LA Anders also took the time to record guitar solos with Tim Pierce and write some lyrics together with Arlene Matza Jackson. Arlene is helping out writing the majority of the lyrics for this new album. For us, this is a new start and therefore the title "Brand New World" feels really good.

Just got it today,and the whole album booms.in a most good way.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to this badly...and I mean BADLY!! The samples I heard were orgasmic as is this song. It reminds me of Place Vendome in places though a bit softer but still killer. These guys are playing Firefest in Nottingham later this year but I can't go. I don't travel well! :)

Love, love, love the band. This new song is amazing!!! Can´t wait to get it!!!:Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin: