Graspop Belgium

MetalBanger

The Encounter
Apr 1, 2004
Belgium
Saturday 26th June, Evergrey on the mainstage at Graspop in Belgium
Started at 11.45 in the morning and ended at 12.25, Great Show! One of the better bands at Graspop! Very much people and a lot of singing together with Tom! I finally could buy my evergrey t-shirt and cd's: The Dark Discovery and S*D*T*. There were a lot of Evergrey fans, more than I expected!
They played: (maybe not in a correct order)
- Nosferatu
- Blinded
- End Of Your Days
- Solitude Within
- Recreation Day
- More Then Ever
- A Touch Of Blessing
- The Masterplan
Great tracks! My first Evergrey show was perfect :worship:

Graspop was great, it was my second edition and defintely not my last!
Evergrey were one of the highlights for me. I enjoyed the concert very much. I thought it was a shame that Evergrey had to open the day resulting in a rather small crowd (at least that's why I think, MetalBanger) - they deserve better! I bought an Evergrey t-shirt afterwards.
I also saw Tom and Henrik during Iced Earth's gig moshing away! I said hello to Tom but he didn't hear me, I hope he wasn't ignoring me...
Anyway, Evergrey kicked ass!

Is 15.000 a small crowd ??

The Usurper said:
Evergrey were one of the highlights for me. I enjoyed the concert very much. I thought it was a shame that Evergrey had to open the day resulting in a rather small crowd (at least that's why I think, MetalBanger) - they deserve better! I bought an Evergrey t-shirt afterwards.
I also saw Tom and Henrik during Iced Earth's gig moshing away! I said hello to Tom but he didn't hear me, I hope he wasn't ignoring me...

Carina said:
Is 15.000 a small crowd ??

Well, of course not. But at that time there were around 40.000 people at Graspop, so if the organisation had given Evergrey a higher spot on the bill, the band could have played for a bigger crowd.
But 15.000 is still a big crowd, I didn't know it was that much.

The Usurper said:

I was in the first row so I couldn't see how much people, but it looked very much to me! I saw Tom, Henrik, Jonas and Rikard after the show, just when I bought my Evergrey t-shirt, we shaked hand and took a picture, they looked suprised, maybe cause I'm just a little boy of 15... Anyway, Evergrey was my big show at Graspop!

What a shame. I ran around half of the day after their concert hoping to meet them (I once met them after their Gig in Rijssen, netherlands last year). .. well, however, maybe next time they play somewhere I can get.

I am very surprised about 15,000 people watching them! Considering how much space we all had in the first and second row I doubt it, but then, I did not have the oportunity to watch the scene from the mainstage.

Anyway, their show was great, third time I have seen them and definetly not the last one.

that was really a great gig, also my first evergrey show but I really enjoyed... sad that sweden lost at soccer later on, could have been an even nicer party :yell:

anyway my live pics are online at www.photopit.com

evergrey03.jpg

hehe and go for it sweden! :D

IMG_9037.jpg

Nosferatu6 said:
If someone shows me how to put up photos I will put up a few photos from Graspop.

all the best
Tom
- surf to www.evergrey.net
- click on Gallery
- click on section Fan Uploads
- click on button upload (top right of window)
- fill in the required fields (location of the pics on your PC etc)

or just send them to Deron to do the above for ya :D

DragonLady1 said:
that was really a great gig, also my first evergrey show but I really enjoyed... sad that sweden lost at soccer later on, could have been an even nicer party :yell:

evergrey03.jpg
B-E-A-UTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing ... that pic of Tom is incredible!!

That reminds me - Deron, are you going to resize the pics from May that I uploaded that were too large, or should I resize and re-upload?

Originally Posted by DragonLady1
that was really a great gig, also my first evergrey show but I really enjoyed... sad that sweden lost at soccer later on, could have been an even nicer party

Wtf, not even ONE pic of Rikard :yell:

My first EG show, and it ruled! Great show! I'll develop my pics today, and try to put them up later.

Also, later on I bought the "I am my own God" T-shirt. :D