Solitude Within
Nosferatu
The Shocking Truth
She Speaks to the Dead
When the River Calls
For Every Tear that Falls
Touch of Blessing
The Masterplan

Jeezz, must have been an outstanding concert! You guys that went, what was it like?

Strahd said:
Sounds great! And if I'm not mistaken that's 10 song's that weren't played on the ANTR gig! I truly hope they recorded this gig too for a future live release. :headbang:

Yup, it was professionally recorded-- see here:
http://www.lucidloungestudios.com/ProgPower7TheDVD/Buy.htm

The dvd being advertised above would be a festival dvd with 2-3 songs from each band that confirmed participation-- though it appears the entire Evergrey set was recorded for who-knows-what.

Great set for sure-- third time seeing Evergrey and easily the tightest and heaviest set I've seen from them.:kickass:

THANK YOU!! You all were awesome, the strings sounded amazing! Great to hang out, chat and party with you guys! Hope you all had a safe trip back home. Henrik- again Congratulations to you and your new bride! Rikard---the offer to come to CA never expires! Take Care guys and Hugs to you all!

That show was simply unbelievable. Afterwards, I honestly couldn't even think. My brains were splattered some where on stage. Literally blew me away with awesomeness.

ProgPower USA = best weekend of the year, and possibly of my life. Thanks to everyone i've met!

BTW, the entire Evergrey set was not taped. Part way through I happened to look up to see the boom mike out of the way and stationary. I think the camermen left their posts at 2:00am or so, and the set didn't end until 2:30.

Evergrey completely blew me away. I'd never seen them live before, but my God, they were amazing. I'm still pissed that I had to miss half of the String Quartet's performance, but oh well. What I did see was unreal.

The show was fckn amazing! I barely made it to Jorn's set on Saturday night because I was too damn sore from Rockin so hard during EG's set Friday night! Cannot begin to explain how awesome :worship: EG :worship: was! Cannot wait to see them again.

The Evergrey set *WAS* amazing! For my first time seeing them live, it was an incredible experience. The highlight for me was the very start of the show... I was on the rail standing right in front of Fredrik, and during the opening notes Tom walked over and looked right at me and asked: "Are you fucking ready?!?!?!" :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Progpower was my first time seeing Evergrey and it will certainly not be the last. They are awesome beyond words. You Tube has most of their videos so this week is catch up time. As a newbie to PP, I must say I am glad I went and look forward to next year and meeting/connecting with all my new friends.

We came to Atlanta from Germany, only to see this unique Evergrey show with choir and strings. We had hoped it might be like the legendary Gothenburg show that we use to watch on DVD.

And they didn't let us down!

It was my birthday that day and the most special one I ever had, although the guys, of course, never knew what big a present they gave to me. They played every song I had wished for, above all "Still In The Water" and "For Every Tear That Falls" featuring Carina's extraordinary voice :worship:, so many great songs of the "Monday Morning Apocalypse" album, the never-before-played "When The River Calls" and all the "evergreys" (can't exactly call'em "evergreens", can ya?)!

We loved every single second, and - judging from all the good vibrations going on there, the two proposals being made during the set (congratulations to everyone!) and a full house holding on until the very last minute - I guess, everybody was having a helluva time!! :headbang:

I entirely agree with my fellow writers who have claimed that the Saturday performances of the ProgPower Festival never even got close to what Evergrey achieved on that Friday night. But - honestly! - didn't we all know it right from the start?? :D

There's one single thing I really regret, and that is that -although we visited the merchandise stand several times- we NEVER had the chance to get one of those gorgeous "Destroying Atlanta"-T-shirts. They were sold out before we even learned that they existed - never knew when they actually had been sold. :cry:
Now we can only hope and pray that they someday soon will be available again, maybe at least to those who have been to Atlanta, - I guess we weren't the only ones being out of luck there.

Well, the memories remain...
I am always amazed at the variety of shows Evergrey can do. By now we have seen "regular" sets (as if anything about them could be regular...), an acoustic set (Words Mean Nothing...) and now this extended string & choir set - every event being different and yet equally unique.
And there are more to follow: How much we are looking forward to the upcoming shows in Weert and Bochum in November!! It's a smashing Evergrey season we have - and I hope it will never end! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Take care guys!!

sarawi said:
There's one single thing I really regret, and that is that -although we visited the merchandise stand several times- we NEVER had the chance to get one of those gorgeous "Destroying Atlanta"-T-shirts. They were sold out before we even learned that they existed - never knew when they actually had been sold. :cry:
Now we can only hope and pray that they someday soon will be available again, maybe at least to those who have been to Atlanta, - I guess we weren't the only ones being out of luck there.

Take care guys!!
If you didn't get one of the "Destroying Atlanta" shirts, see this thread... http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256390

God damn, that is one hell of a setlist. I wish I could have made the journey to Atlanta, but alas, it did not happen.

It sounds like everyone had a good time though. I'd love to see some clips from this.

Concerning the "Destroying Atlanta"-T-Shirts,

@FataMorgana:

Thank you so much for pointing this out to me!!

What a funny coincidence about that box getting lost. One more chance,
yippeeh!
Have a great weekend!