Grave - Back From the Grave

Soilent Goat

May 26, 2002
I bought this last night and I reallly dig it. Just good grooved out Swedish death metal. Insanely catchy riffs that still retain brutality...excellent stuff. Anyone else own it? I'm hoping to catch them in June with December, Goatwhore, and the almighty Immolation.

Soilent Goat said:
I bought this last night and I reallly dig it. Just good grooved out Swedish death metal. Insanely catchy riffs that still retain brutality...excellent stuff. Anyone else own it? I'm hoping to catch them in June with December, Goatwhore, and the almighty Immolation.

How does it compare to "Into the Grave"? I think that ItG is easily one of the top ten straight out death metal albums of all time. Is it in the same league?

Gory Elephant said:
How does it compare to "Into the Grave"? I think that ItG is easily one of the top ten straight out death metal albums of all time. Is it in the same league?

In the same league? Hmmm... probably not. Don't get me wrong, Back From The Grave is great. If you like old Grave, you should get it. But it takes a very rare album to be in the same league as Into the Grave or You'll Never See...

I was waiting quite much from this album but in the end it was the same boring stuff that Grave did with their two previous albums. Nowhere near the greatness of Into The Grave. Their stuff doesn't work even that well live anymore which is quite sad. Only Deformed and Into the Grave from Into the Grave.