The Absence-From Your Grave

Astrum

Psion
Aug 14, 2006
Boston, MA
100%

Once in a while, I get bored of the black metal assault I usually expose myself to. When this occurs, I usually turn to brutal death metal or grindcore as a break. Of course, I listen to other genres on occasion, but aside from my massive Dark Tranuillity collection I do not listen to all that much melodeath. I got curious after listening to Avatar-Thoughts Of No Tomorrow, and was in the mood for some thrashy-melodeath. I stumbled apon The Absence.

The Absence-From Your Grave contains everything I could ever want in a melodeath album. EXACTLY what I was searching for. Everything about the album is practically perfect. The album starts off with a good intro, then wanders into "A Breath Beneath"'s amazing riffing. The guitar onslaught continues throughout the entire album. The riffs can be melodic, and the riffs can be thrashy. The solos are excellent. The songs are perfectly put together, with everything transitioning perfectly. There is not a single bad song.

The next best thing to the guitars are the excellent vocals. Basically your prime example of a melodeath vocalist, perfectly performed. A pleasure to the ears. No metalcore sounding vocals or riffs at all.

Then there is the drums. Few blast beats. Overall, the drumming is great. Keeps beat and tempo perfectly. Of course, the bass is just there, exsisting.

Basically, this is a perfect melodeath album. Never gets old. Not a single filler track, nor a single bad one. The music is beautiful and moving, yet agressive and catchy at the same time. It makes you want to relax; it makes you want to headbang furiously. This is probably the best album of the genre I have ever heard. Buy it. You will not regret it, guaranteed. I don't understand how anyone can not like this album.