Grave Digger for PPV!!!!

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Man, I would love to see Grave Digger at PPV!!! But I doubt it would happen since Glenn mentioned he is not too crazy about them. If they would show up I bet it would be similar to what happened with Rage...many people would leave (if they play 5th slot) but they would still kick everyone's ass. German power metal rules!!!!!!!!!!!! Brainstorm would also be a nice edition for a 3rd slot (people were headbanging everytime they played their song over the PA system). Other bands who get my votes are Children of Bodom (non power/prog band, although they will tour this year in US so who knows if they would even be considered), Masterplan (great 3rd or 2nd slot band), Adagio (not very likely since I don't think they have ever played live), etc. It will be a long wait...

Well I 2nd this!!! I think more people would stay than did for Rage. For one, I think grave digger does have a larger following here, and also with word getting around about how great Rage was, people would be less likely to leave.

something to think about. i think this would be even better than this year's friday closing

4th slot - LABYRINTH
5th slot - GRAVE DIGGER

another suggestion. a STAR ONE show to top it off?

I think GraveDigger would be a great choice for next progpower. I also wanted to see Brainstorm. I just bought their CD and loved it!

I like the new one, "Rheingold". I think the vocals are at issue here though, as Chris Boltendahl's grating voice is definitely not for everyone. I have learned to "adapt" to them.

Also, I think some more German bands are in order to play the fest. I second the BRAINSTORM nomination, and I would like to add PARAGON, as their last three discs are just totally amazing!!!

B R A I N S T O R M

got all 3 cds, and the new one is cementing itself into my top 10 of this year already.

Grave Digger's pretty cool.. but I like UDO and Accept too, so the vocals aren't a problem for me. I also have discs from Children of Bodom, Witchery, Napalm Death.. so I'm very open to most forms of metal, although I can't get into black or grindcore, and I only like certain "death" bands like Napalm or Obituary, the majority dont' do much for me.

It would be cool to have a ProgPower with 10 German bands!!! lol
How about PP VI like this:

Friday:

1-Dreamscape (Prog)
2-Avalon(Prog)
3-Masterplan (Power)
4-Vanden Plas (Prog)
5-Helloween (Power)

Saturday

1-Tomorrow's Eve (Prog)
2-Brainstorm (Power)
3-Grave Digger (Power)
4-Gamma Ray(Power)
5-Blind Guardian (Power)

1st night is slightly more prog oriented, while second night is much more power (Germany produces the best power metal in the world)
Of course, we can also throw in past ProgPower bands such as Edguy (they kicked ass), Angel Dust (if the rumors of the reforming are true...they kicked ass), Superior, etc. Other bands that could come include Edguy, Angel Dust, Paragon, Axel Rudi Pell, Running WIld, Primal Fear, Sinner, Superior, Heavens Gate, etc.

Se7enChurches said:
I understand you're probably talking about their mid era death metal stuff, but still, reading this made me fall out of my chair laughing.

Ryan

haha I noticed that as well. Now I'm remembering that I actually used to be the same way. I had a couple of their mid era discs many years ago and thought they were ok. Then I saw them on a bill earlier this year, and didn't enjoy it that much. I really don't like grindcore myself either.

Tenebre: yes I am!!! lol
Lucky you, man! I want to see Grave Digger badly (might see them in Spain next year). What did you think of Rage? Told you they would kick ass!!! I bet Grave Digger would also have destroyed ProgPower!!!

Alexof Bodom:

You already know what I think of Rage!
I was the guy that wore the Aria shirt the first day.

I had already seen Rage before, but this show was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait for their DVD next year.

Have you heard any of Smolski's other work? Inspector, Mind odyssey??

Don't care for Grave Digger. I think their music is average and their vox are terrible. Just my $0.02.

Would love to see Dark Tranquillity, but I don't think Glenn would bring an act that relies on almost no melodic vocals to PP.

The one act mentioned here, that I think is a natural fit and has a good shot at playing PP one of these years, is Brainstorm. They's be a good 2nd or 3rd slot act.

GZ

Tenebre: Mind Odyssey is awesome, especially Nailed to the Shade and Signs. I have not heard Inspector. I'm curious to hear Smolski's new solo work where he plays metal versions of classical songs. Should be interesting.