Great bands

Ludicra---the best black metal band in the US, hands down.....members of Hammers of Misfortune and Impaled.

7th Wonder---Swedish prog/metal...very cool guitarwork...ok vox

Pagan's Mind---excellent power prog

Root---one of my alltime fave "Eccentric" bands......gothic black metal, with strange semi-operatic vox, and VERY strange music.

Rise---INCREDIBLE symphonic death (!) from LA, with awesome solos and musicianship....

Faith No More, and if you're feeling really adventurous, Mr. Bungle.

more "metal as fuck" offerings which are somewhat obscure:

Waylander -- an Irish band which mixes pretty ordinary death metal with Celtic folk. interesting

Corporation 187 -- pretty standard death/thrash, but I love that style so they always get hype from me :)

Download these songs:
The Offspring - Beheaded
The Offspring - Demons
The Offspring - Out on Patrol
The Offspring - Black Ball

supergrin.gif

(Sorry, I can't help my nostalgic love for their old stuff)

Yeah, also try out Maudlin of the Well, or Novembre, or Diabolical Masquerade.....If you haven't already....

Hearse said:
Hehe yeah, did you know that Enochian Crescent's guitarist/"backup vocalist" is our (Thales) Vocalist ;)

Oh god no....all respect for them just went straight out the window. :D j/k

:zombie:

I'd say Pink Floyd, but you have better already listened to them:))), and its not metal.

If I was to suggest one metal/partialy metal artist/band, I'd suggest anything with Devin Townsend on vocals, particularly the entire SYL - City album, and his solo Infinity and Terria. :)