Great book for you "collectors"

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
If you consider yourself a record collector you may like this book...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...7546767/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-7256261-7112663

It's called Vinyl Junkies. I just finished reading it and loved it!!! It's not about metal, just about the obsession people have for collecting records. It made me feel so not alone with this "diease". :) The author goes around interviewing some over-the-top collectors.... one guy has all 3 floors of his house filled with vinyl ...... one guy (Monoman from the Lyres) sent $2000 in cash to a dealer for an obscure 60's single, the cash never got there (someone swiped it in the mail), he wanted the record so much that he sent another $2000!! And no the guys not rich.

The book is not so much about music but the passion of collecting.

Greeno said:
If you consider yourself a record collector you may like this book...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0312304277/qid=1077546767/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-7256261-7112663

It's called Vinyl Junkies. I just finished reading it and loved it!!! It's not about metal, just about the obsession people have for collecting records. It made me feel so not alone with this "diease". :) The author goes around interviewing some over-the-top collectors.... one guy has all 3 floors of his house filled with vinyl ...... one guy (Monoman from the Lyres) sent $2000 in cash to a dealer for an obscure 60's single, the cash never got there (someone swiped it in the mail), he wanted the record so much that he sent another $2000!! And no the guys not rich.

The book is not so much about music but the passion of collecting.
I still want to buy something like that. I have a lot of vinyl albums, singles and EP's.

Hawk said:
I still want to buy something like that. I have a lot of vinyl albums, singles and EP's.

You were one of the people I had you in mind when I posted this Hawk. You should check the book out, it's cheap as crap from Amazon. May be one of the best books I've ever read. Put it this way, I just finished it but am thinking about reading it again already! :)