Great new song...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
By Grand Magus, from their forthcoming CD, Hammer of the North. Here's the title track...

[youtube]WPLiZ2ePZTs&[/youtube]

By the way, lest anyone think they're jumping on the Heathen/Pagan bandwagon, these guys have been doing this flavor of Metal since '99. I've always felt that these guys would be a great fit for ProgPower; Power Metal, with both Sabbath and Pagan/Heathen underpinnings.

I was already listening to this song when I clicked into this thread. Sounds great to me. Their last disc, Iron Will, is excellent. Can't wait to hear the new one.

I always wanted to get into this band. Like this track a lot, but I don't really see the heathen/pagan influence outside of maybe some of the lyrics.

True. But the same could be said of Amon Amarth, Primordial, and any number of bands that people typically ascribe as being Viking, Heathen, Pagan, etc.

Totally agree, which is why I never have considered Amon Amarth as part of that group either. I never have given Primordial a listen though. Perhaps I should some day.

Do it. Primordial is fantastic. Plenty of their stuff on youtube.

Grand magus? Awesome. Discovered them via Pandora a few years back and have liked all of their stuff, though I might have to let this track grow on me.

This new tune is really good ... check out Like The Oar Strikes The Water from Iron Will .... awesome!!! Great band .. can't wait for the new one.

Britt

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYm0DDTZyI&a=NOJ4d2B4MGo&playnext_from=ML[/ame]

Do it. Primordial is fantastic. Plenty of their stuff on youtube.

Grand magus? Awesome. Discovered them via Pandora a few years back and have liked all of their stuff, though I might have to let this track grow on me.

Checked out the song "Empire Falls" by them. Awesome stuff. :headbang:

Primordial's latest disc ... To The Nameless Dead is in my opinion by far their most accessible. The stuff prior to that one doesn't grab me near as much. Working backwards with Primordial might not be a bad idea for the majority that are new to them.

By the way ... Empire Falls is the lead track from To The Nameless Dead.

Britt