GREAT THREAD IDEA: post ur cd piles

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
cleaning out a cupboard under the tv where my stereo used to be (right now i'm living kind of temporarily in an apartment because blah blah house blah blah and i don't have my stereo) and these are the cd's i found in unorganized random piles in it

Ug44zKz.jpeg

here's the thread: post your piles of unorganized cd's that are in a pile beside the stereo or wherever for whatever reason

maybe we can draw uninformed conclusions about your (lack of) character, personality and taste in music

Reactions: Henrik Main
Theres some good stuff in there!

1. Hows that Dodheimsgard?

2. I never saw you as a Cannibal Corpse guy

Theres some good stuff in there!

1. Hows that Dodheimsgard?

2. I never saw you as a Cannibal Corpse guy
1. it's mostly pretty bad, but at least it's a little bit creative and interesting. i bought it at a thrift store for $1 because of 1) the novelty of finding a one dollar black metal cd at a thrift store and 2) i remembered the intro to shiva-interfere hitting very hard

2. correct, i am not, and this is their only album i own and i've barely ever listened to it. got it for very cheap at a record fair together with massacre "from beyond". not very into us death metal generally. sometimes, but rarely, i am actually in the mood for meat n potatoes death metal so eh. not sure why it's in the pile, but that's part of the magic of the pile

Last edited:
I own 11 of these, 12 if counting Jord och Aska twice

Afraid I have no pile to contribute for now
for my next trick, i will use my extensive knowledge about your music taste to predict which 11

1. katatonia - brave murder day
2. empyrium - songs of moors and misty fields
3. summoning - dol guldur
4. emperor/enslaved
5. nasheim - jord och aska
6. enslaved - eld
7. opeth - my arms your hearse
8. agalloch - ashes against the grain
9. celestial season - solar lovers (this is a bit of a wildcard, if i get this one right i'm super pro)
10. bathory - blood on ice
11. pillorian - obsidian arc

Reactions: Ellestin
that's nearly a perfect

I hadn't seen Songs of Moors and Misty Fields in the magic pile, so it's actually 12.

The ones I don't have are :

4. emperor/enslaved
9. celestial season - solar lovers (sorry but it's on my to buy list so strong guess)
10. bathory - blood on ice
11. pillorian - obsidian arc

to be replaced by

Katatonia - Tonight's Decision
Solstafir - Svartir Sandar
Arvo Pärt - passio (albeit in another version)
Limbonic Art - Moon the Scorpio

Reactions: einride
@Erik I love the two Neil Young albums interspersed in there. Also I appear to own 30 of those myself (only one copy of Jord och aska as well).

IMG_2055.jpg
CDs I'm going to listen to. 'Tis a cold winter season after all.

IMG_2056.jpg
CDs I just listened to. Title you can't see is Patsy Cline, hells yeah.

That blue device is a back massage thingy but it looks like a dildo for aliens.

Last edited:
View attachment 27709
CDs I'm going to listen to. 'Tis a cold winter season after all.
to the surprise of no one, i own all of these (slightly different versions etc. ofc, i have the forgotten woods albums separately instead of that ugly 2CD thing etc but yeah)

Last edited:
Also I appear to own 30 of those myself
okay, since i don't have much else to do atm i'll do you as well (t.w.s.s.)

1. pentagram - relentless
2. amorphis - tuonela
3. nasheim - jord och aska
4. candlemass - nightfall
5. at the gates - terminal spirit disease
6. metallica - master of puppets
7. katatonia - discouraged ones
8. empyrium - songs of moors
9. deadboy & the elephantmen - if this is hell...
10. emperor/enslaved
11. amorphis - tales from the thousand lakes (this one's on the house cause i see it in your photo)
12. black sabbath - heaven and hell
13. summoning - dol guldur
14. katatonia - lfdgd
15. in flames - colony (also ez)
16. bathory - blood on ice
17. katatonia - brave murder day
18. pillorian - obsidian arc
19. queensrÿche - operation: mindcrime
20. agalloch - ashes against the grain
21. opeth - my arms, your hearse
22. while heaven wept - of empires forlorn
23. enslaved - eld
24. in flames - lunar strain/subterranean
25. katatonia - tonight's decision
26. bruce dickinson - accident of birth
27. fates warning - the spectre within
28. fates warning - awaken the guardian
29. solitude aeternus - beyond the crimson horizon
30. moonsorrow - suden uni

whew! i reckon i'm at least 75-80% correct on this one

no colours records was never exactly a-league as far as aesthetics so the regular cd's and lp's look a bit crap as well but not as bad as that big stupid thing. i got all of them on lp cause im ballin af.

at the end of the day the music is the important part though and "the curse of mankind" is so good and special i don't even really have words for it

Reactions: NAD
I need to track down the individual albums also, the cheap ass double case makes me not wanna touch the thing

I bought the double thing over a decade ago. and never listened to it and sold it because i hated it. i honestly dont remember the music.

so yeah...same here!

okay, since i don't have much else to do atm i'll do you as well (t.w.s.s.)

1. pentagram - relentless
19. queensrÿche - operation: mindcrime
22. while heaven wept - of empires forlorn
26. bruce dickinson - accident of birth
27. fates warning - the spectre within
28. fates warning - awaken the guardian
29. solitude aeternus - beyond the crimson horizon
30. moonsorrow - suden uni

whew! i reckon i'm at least 75-80% correct on this one
Looks like your score range is right, these are the ones I don't have from your guesses! Although technically I only have the Enslaved portion of Hordanes Land on a bonus disc, and not the Emperor half. I'm not sure how that would count on the RC Grading System right now.

I used to own Operation: Mindcrime in my days before loving power/trad/opera/whatever so I need to get that one again. And I have several solo Bruce albums, just not that one.

Add the Black Sessions (I don't have a proper copy of Sounds of Decay but I do have Brave Yester Days with all the toonz), most of the Anathema, Velvet Cacoon (how could I not for the hilarious history), and UNLEASHED. I thought I had Harvest Moon but apparently I only have Harvest!

Oh and The Bleeding but of course. That was one of the first death metal albums I ever owned, the song titles absolutely cracked me up and I definitely had a Thing for the Cannibal Corpse when I was 15. I stopped buying their new albums many years ago but they'll always have a special place in my rotting, decaying, fetid human flesh.

Re: Forgotten Woods dudes I just don't have the words (EDIT: I wrote this before I read Erik's post saying the same thing LOL yes people, The Curse of Mankind is indescribably good). They were like if Joy Division were a '90s black metal band and that's just everything my sad little heart desires in this godforsaken world.

Last edited:
uWEUT4x.jpg

This is my pile of CDs that I haven't listened to yet. I don't have a random pile. My shit is organized like a boss.

and this one too:

E5Z2ueI.jpg

Graves of the Archangels is so good. I have never even heard their other album, and kinda don't want to, for some reason?!

Reactions: Hell Mike
OtETG7D.jpg

As-is, closeups for clarity to follow

ZM8EESv.jpg

fUpYRXt.jpg

dyKkR46.jpg

O7KZvhU.jpg

Nothing to add really. Kind of a combination of recent purchases and recent listens, but the purchases are listens to sooooo....... Listening to Katla right now, got it today