Great White in Trouble Again

haddsie

Feb 8, 2003
New York
We all know about the horrible tragedy that happened at the Great White show in Rhode Island. And I had heard that the whole pyrotechnics issue had come up for debate at other Great White shows in the past few months. Now, The Stone Pony, a club in New Jersey, is fining Great White for unauthorized use of pyrotechnics at a show on Valentine's Day.

My question: have you been to shows at smaller venues where pyrotechnics were used? Or were you ever at a show where you looked around and thought that there was a potentially dangerous situation?

Never indoors. That was just retarted of the band, regardless of the venue managers alleged opposal.

Remember when James Hetfield walked into a pyrotechnic explosion on the black album tour in France?

And look what happened to Michael Jackson!!

i saw a band that used pyro at like, a big fuckin stadium type place where the ceiling is really high and made of steel anyway, but never at a club. thats just fucking dumb.
-neal

JayKeeley said:
Never indoors. That was just retarted of the band, regardless of the venue managers alleged opposal.

Remember when James Hetfield walked into a pyrotechnic explosion on the black album tour in France?

And look what happened to Michael Jackson!!

Ali, I'm nearly certain that Hetfield blew himself up during the Montreal show, and it was on the 2nd (maybe even 3rd) leg of the And Justice... tour, when they co-headlined with Guns N' Roses...just FYI.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw that on the VH1 Behind The Music 'Tallica special.

markgugs said:
Ali, I'm nearly certain that Hetfield blew himself up during the Montreal show, and it was on the 2nd (maybe even 3rd) leg of the And Justice... tour, when they co-headlined with Guns N' Roses...just FYI.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw that on the VH1 Behind The Music 'Tallica special.

Wrong you are, my friend!! At least, partially. It WAS the black tour, that godforsaken album!!!

GnR toured with Metallica on Use Your Illusion...

Yep that's right, and the poster was split down the middle between the Use your Illusion cover and the black album cover.

Way to take shitty album covers and make them look worse!

Yeah definitely somewhere in Canada - neal said it was Quebec, but yeah, it was one of those French speaking cities.

It was also the same night that Axl Rose came on two hours late and sang three songs before storming off. Then the whole place erupted in a huge riot.

really, has there ever been a more hard luck band than Great White? I mean, after Badfinger....

you have a huge hit with a song you didn't write (Ian Hunter did), then you get rendered completely economically irrelevant by grunge....so you're touring little clubs and then you burn one down, and here come the freaking lawsuits.

sucks to be Jack Russell. gotta feel for the guy.

lizard said:
really, has there ever been a more hard luck band than Great White? I mean, after Badfinger....

you have a huge hit with a song you didn't write (Ian Hunter did), then you get rendered completely economically irrelevant by grunge....so you're touring little clubs and then you burn one down, and here come the freaking lawsuits.

sucks to be Jack Russell. gotta feel for the guy.

The only problem is that this pyrotechnics issue has come up at least two other times with them (where they wanted to use them and were told not too... and sometimes did anyway).

lizard said:
geez, now if you say you're also north korean and you're the nephew of kim Il Jung or whatever his name is...I better start preparing for the monkeys to fly out of my ass :yell:

How did you guess?? That's amazing! I happen to be 3/5 Korean (North).