Greatest Piece of music EVER f'in written...

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
J.S. Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=263ZEBQ3NN5Q31E2330YA8MNP7

Full-on orgasm :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

This is the best version I have ever heard; performed by Peter Hurford.

cartel-web-large.jpg

man that takes me back, i remember me and j.s. chillin at the bar and he was like "dude i'm just gonna go write the most awesome piece of music ever" and i was all "nuh-uh" and he was all "yuh-huh" and then i passed out and i don't really recall the next 300-odd years

He wrote it, you were whoring about for Yahweh for a while, and I was busy terrorizing the Catholic church.

hahaha

bach is probably my favorite composer, although i'm not really on the up and up with lesser known dudes/chicks/works.

god damn nad said:
hahaha

bach is probably my favorite composer, although i'm not really on the up and up with lesser known dudes/chicks/works.

Well, you should be. :)

Although, in my humble opinion, nobody I have ever heard can match the genius of Bach. The dude was a fucking protege among proteges. :worship:

Doomcifer said:
Although, in my humble opinion, nobody I have ever heard can match the genius of Bach. The dude was a fucking protege among proteges. :worship:

Oh come on! Granted he's delivered some of the most gorgeous sacred music there is like those Toccatas you'll hear in every other cheap vampire flick, and "Matthäus Passion" is unrivaled. But all in all 90% of what I heard from his repertoire (that is quite a lot involving many forms of composition and instruments) is just this dry, rethorical stuff (evangelist stuff if I may). His music is absolutely delightful, but most of the time it avoids the flaming bravado that draws you headlong into the magic.
Vivaldi or Monteverdi >> Bach for that matter

i didn't realise that was an alternate name for Felix Mendelssohn's The Hebrides, overture for orchestra in B minor ("Fingal's Cave"), Op. 26 (Abbado), which is genuinely the greatest piece of music ever written :confused: