Greetings!

RavennaC

unfit for human consumption
Jun 2, 2016
Southern Maryland
I was looking for a place with people of like mind and I may have found it. I've been listening to metal since '78 when I first heard Sweet Leaf by Sabbath. I grew up in the 80s and have been listening to various genres since. For some reason it was hard for me to acquire a taste for Black metal though; however, I've just recently started to get into it more -- Enslaved and Arcturus. If you have more recommendations, with the exception of Mercyful Fate, then by all means throw 'em at me, thanks! \m/

Taake's later albums actually remind me a little of the newer Enslaved releases - assuming those are the ones you're listening to - except a little heavier (is that the right word for BM?) and more to the point:

Really it's probably best just to start out with all the early releases of all the 2nd wave Norwegian bands and work your way forward, though.

Really it's probably best just to start out with all the early releases of all the 2nd wave Norwegian bands and work your way forward, though.

I'll take that advice, thanks!

If you are into slower stuff, I might recommend my band, Funerary Descent. Black/Doom https://funerarydescentofficial.bandcamp.com/album/winds-of-dissonance-3
Cheers!

Being conditioned to thrash it's sometimes hard for me to listen to doom for any length of time, but I'm always willing to support up and coming bands, especially if they're fellow Marylanders!