greetings

bergtroll

MacGyvers ukjente fetter
May 25, 2003
det kalde norgesrike
Visit site
Hello...

I'm an ugly fellow from Norway, and you will be my slaves in all eternity!

or

I will give you my opinions about most types of metal. with the most crappy english as possible, of course!

Sometimes, I cover my body in butter.

I like trolls, and I like butter. I think all trolls should be covered in butter... or even better, cheese. A troll covered in cheese is a wonder to behold, and no mistake. It is good for the cheese to be melted slightly in order to obtain a much smoother coverage than that of more solid cheese. However, the cheese must not be melted so hot that the troll is burnt, whatever it's regenerative powers may be. While we're on the subject of regeneration, may I stress that regeneration is no match for prevention of injury in the first place. But I digress - now back to cheese, if I may. The statement that the cheese must be melted may be slightly misleading, for there exist many cheeses which are soft and indeed even runny by nature. If you would care for some examples, I will mention Boursin, Brie, Camembert (de Normandie), and Washed Rind Cheese for starters. However, such soft cheeses are often accompanied by a rather strong odour, which may put the unprepared troll off. It is for this reason that I strongly recommend using cheese of a harder texture and melting them slightly in order to create a more tight covering of the body. And, while I am here, I would also like to welcome you to UM, and hope that you enjoy the forums in a happy, butter- (or even better, cheese-) filled, yet above all safe manner.

:wave: :dopey:

bergtroll said:
i'll give that a thought, but i prefere butter. but if i should give cheese a chanse, Jarlsberg has to be the only worhy cheese for a norwegian troll...
While Jarlsberg may well be considered the Prince of the Norweigan cheeses, please do not overlook such cheeses as Geitost, Nokkelost, and Ridder. :)

Rusty said:
However, such soft cheeses are often accompanied by a rather strong odour, which may put the unprepared troll off. It is for this reason that I strongly recommend using cheese of a harder texture and melting them slightly in order to create a more tight covering of the body.

Why stop you reasoning here, sir? Surely to make the cheese melt you would have to warm it - to a small degree if it is a medium hard cheese - which would make it far more welcoming to a rather cold blooded troll. Hence the actual covering process would be easier as the troll would be willing to jump into a bath of warm cheese, whereas cold soft cheese is not very welcoming, especially on a chilly day. You have to, of course, consider the situation once the cheese has hardened again, if your troll wishes to move a lot you should keep the ambient temperature reasonably high to keep the cheese tight but still relatively flexible - this should prevent cracking..

:dopey: