greg just bought the new metallica

So many rednecks came in yesterday to work with convoluted stories trying to get me to sell them the album early... little did they know that all they would have had to do is go across the street to best buy.. who apparently release dates mean nothing to.

i heard the title track, and i kinda thought it sucked. like that page said that avi had up previously, it sounded disjointed and slapped together. and ick on the vocals. also: HANGAR 18.

but i've only heard one track. still, don't know that i'll be picking that one up.

Meh... I'm waiting to get my hands on the new Amorphis cd. Also, Nevermore and Iron Maiden. And I still need the new Katatonia. Also, I don't think I could get past the poor sound. Even if the songs were smoking. That just bugs me.

I want to hear that new Amorphis really bad as well.. shit is copy protected.. which sucks, cause I rip all my cds and play them on the comp.. makes it annoying.

I went into work last night and we put it on over the speaker... this mullet dude came in and was totally rockin out... it was hilarious... but yeah dude.. that snare makes my ears bleed.

St.Anger is not great but it's okay. They kinda invented a new metal genre which will influence many (new) bands from now on (well, that's my guess).
The snare is fooking crap yeh... As well as James' vocals in some parts. But then again, there's some heavy groovy riffs and stuff.

There's some good ideas in the album, but its not great or anything. A few that spring to mind are...

-Lars syncopating his drums in relation to Hetfield's vocals on the "Frantic tick tick tick tick tock" part.

-Same song, there's a really smooth transition at 4:20-4:22 where they go back to the intro drum part while the guitar plays the same riff (no one else I've talked to thinks this is as interesting as I make it out to be :( ).