Greg Lake show?

seh750

Jun 14, 2010
Beaverton, OR, USA
Anybody catch a show of the current Greg Lake tour? He's in town tomorrow night and I'm thinking of going.

Curious if he still sounds any good and what tunes he's singing? Doing old KC and ELP stuff or new stuff?

I saw Emerson, Lake, and Powell in 1986, was my first big show.

I was in Portland from Monday to Thursday. I saw an ad in a local paper that he was doing a show in town Thursday night. Dammit, if I'd known, I would have tried to stay an extra day!

If you went to she show, please share!

Ken

If you went to she show, please share!

I found some online reviews and learned that this show was just Greg, performing with a pre-recorded backing track. And part of the show was storytelling and audience Q&A. And he was going to sing Elvis and some other influences and just a handful of ELP and KC songs.

The more I read the less interesting the show sounded. Then I got busy helping the wife with something for her business and decided not to go to the show.

Hope you had a nice trip to Portland.

I found some online reviews and learned that this show was just Greg, performing with a pre-recorded backing track. And part of the show was storytelling and audience Q&A. And he was going to sing Elvis and some other influences and just a handful of ELP and KC songs.

Eh, I didn't even need ELP or KC songs, I'd have been happy with a bunch of his solo material, too. I generally don't like large amounts of cover material or "influences" all at once, unless from an artist I find really special. (This drove me nuts with Shaw & Blades following up Hallucination not with another CD of catchy well written rock, but with a whole CD of cover songs. Ugh.) So yeah, maybe it's for the best I didn't know about it long enough in advance to incur the expense of staying in Portland an extra day to go.

And thanks, Portland was fun. I was only there for a few days while my wife was at a conference - we went to Powell's (for both of us), Things From Another World (comic store - for me!), and we drove to Hood River and back for some quick sightseeing. Good stuff!

Ken