greg's music thread

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
I'm here with some new observations that some of you, nay all of you will probably find offensive but i just don't care:

1. Can someone please make me a mix cd that has all of Nuno Bettencourt's guitar solos from the Extreme albums? I mean frankly I am not a huge fan of alot of their songs but i will always listen to their songs on the radio if only to hear Nuno play his ass off. i only wish i could play as well and as creatively as he did.

2. No Doubt has probably got one of the best rhythm sections in pop music right now aside from like the Dave Matthews Band. i mean they play simple stuff and its not extrodinarily creative BUT they're so fucking solid and they groove so well.

3. i love Ashlee Simpson and i don't care. its slick teen pop but i like it. not to the point of actually going to see her live but maybe i will pick up the cd.

that is all. more to come later.

I would be happy to make you a Nuno mix cd. Not only Nuno with Extreme but Nuno's solo projects as well. I am a bit of a Nuno fan. In one of our LARPs my friend started a fake band called Nuno and the Succubi. We made shirts and stickers and patches. Then they would go to indie shows and sell them telling the kids "Aw man you guys just missed us play" and people bought it. It ruled.

Yea yea yea yae yea!!! So what? I larp. Big deal. Get past it, and get to the part where we made a fake band and people still bought our merch. That was the important part.

2. No Doubt has probably got one of the best rhythm sections in pop music right now aside from like the Dave Matthews Band. i mean they play simple stuff and its not extrodinarily creative BUT they're so fucking solid and they groove so well.

In the last few albums, I think almost everything's sampled.