Guardians of the Galaxy

I rarely make it out to the theaters, but this is one of those movies that is truly worth the effort to see it on the big screen in 3D. It was just plain fun - sorta reminded me of being a kid and seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark and just being entertained the whole time. The visuals are stunning, especially if you are "suitably chemicalized" for it!

It was pretty entertaining. The humor felt a little forced at times, but yes the visuals are fantastic (even in old 2D), and the action was pretty well executed. The last battle was pretty cool.

Finally saw it. Am I the only one who thought Nebula was kinda hot?

She just made me think of Liara, and not in a good way. Anyway, I really enjoyed it at the theater. We actually went to go see the 2D version, but because my slacker friend, who always wants to wait until the very last second to get to the theater, right before the previews end took so long, the theater was completely packed. So we decided to pay a whole $5 more total between us to see the 3D version an hour later.

I actually hate 3D movies too. The Viewmaster effect completely goes away after the first 30 minutes, and on top of that they always have much worse colors over a digital 2D film.

Haven't seen it, and to be honestly, I've seen too many people hyuck-hyucking at this I AM GROOT stuff to have an interest in doing so in the immediate future :/

The previews made it seem more forced than it actually is. There's some genuine hilarity throughout (as well as some that's forced). The movie is easily in my top ten favorite movies based off of Marvel characters. Can't wait for the Blu-ray. It was basically Raiders of the Lost Ark (as mentioned) meets Spaceballs meets the JJ Star Trek. I guess you could toss in The Usual Suspects, but that might be a stretch.

She just made me think of Liara, and not in a good way. Anyway, I really enjoyed it at the theater. We actually went to go see the 2D version, but because my slacker friend, who always wants to wait until the very last second to get to the theater, right before the previews end took so long, the theater was completely packed. So we decided to pay a whole $5 more total between us to see the 3D version an hour later.

I actually hate 3D movies too. The Viewmaster effect completely goes away after the first 30 minutes, and on top of that they always have much worse colors over a digital 2D film.

The previews made it seem more forced than it actually is. There's some genuine hilarity throughout (as well as some that's forced). The movie is easily in my top ten favorite movies based off of Marvel characters. Can't wait for the Blu-ray. It was basically Raiders of the Lost Ark (as mentioned) meets Spaceballs meets the JJ Star Trek. I guess you could toss in The Usual Suspects, but that might be a stretch.

Best movie of the summer hands down.

Loved it
Liked Cap 2 more though.

I actually didn't get to see that at the theater, and just recently watched it on Blu-ray. I was shocked at how very different it was compared to the previous movie and most Marvel movies in general. It felt way more like a Bourne movie to me.

It was awesome, I agree.

It's on at IMAX I noticed x10 bigger than the big screen

What do you think of that??

doesnt play in 2D over here, so must wait until its out on bluray since i get serious headaches from 3D movies

cant wait though ^^

Not sure what it is about 3D movies that affects some people like this, but my best friend always complains about getting headaches while watching 3D movies at the theater.

Yet he owns a 3D plasma, and always gets 3D movies when he can. I wonder if it has anything to do with active (battery powered and what he has) vs the passive (theater, standard glasses).

It's on at IMAX I noticed x10 bigger than the big screen

What do you think of that??

I saw Gravity on IMAX. Wasn't worth the price and two hour drive, but we did it for an experience we never had before. The biggest thing I took away from seeing it in IMAX is that the theater we went to had the volume up to speaker blowing levels. But hey, at least you finally saw the movie right?