Guess who I saw on the Jay Leno Show!

Mr. Shred-ididle

Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head
Jan 25, 2003
Is everyone farmilliar with "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"
If not, its a american late night show like Conan O'brian, Dave Letterman ect..

Sometimes I watch it as Jay has some pretty funny jokes about what is giong on in the world (War on Iraq, ect..)

So I'm watching it and at the end, they have a musical guest that performs a song.

Anyway, he says his guest has appeared on the Daredevil soundtrack, Hey that rings a bell,

Than I see a band with a femail singer, and then he says its EVENSENCE!

"Hey" I say, "I read about them in the Symphony X forum!!!"

I read about them here but didn't bother about download the song.

I must say they were very good, (Apart from the rapper) and it was nice to see some GOOD metal on American Mainstreem TV (Even though I watched it on pay TV here in Australia) Well, the singer-She has a great voice, I willbe looking foward to here them in the future.

How cool is this!

Did anyone else see this.

I don't see what the obsession (at least amungs the progmetal community) is with this band...Ive heard a handful of songs and aside from the singer's voice its the same old nu metal/modern rock shit.

Maybe you guys are just swooned by the siren's song ;)

Yngvai X said:
I don't see what the obsession (at least amungs the progmetal community) is with this band...Ive heard a handful of songs and aside from the singer's voice its the same old nu metal/modern rock shit.

Maybe you guys are just swooned by the siren's song ;)

uhh, yeah...

She's got a beautiful voice, and the music is pretty good. There aren't ripping guitar solo's, but it is definitely good music.

I disagree calling it nu-metal.

For the people calling them nu-metal, have you heard anything other than the song that is being pumped through the mainstream right now? You realize that guy who "raps" isn't actually in the band, right?

They might not be a true prog/power metal band, but at least some half-decsent metal is getting some exposure. Better than nothing.

I'm not doing backflips over them, I'm not even going to buy the cd.

I just think think that its good that Good Metal is getting exposure,

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
They might not be a true prog/power metal band, but at least some half-decsent metal is getting some exposure. Better than nothing.

I'm not doing backflips over them, I'm not even going to buy the cd.

I just think think that its good that Good Metal is getting exposure,

hmmmm. I like Metal in the underground, right where it is. There was never this much good Metal when it was in the mainstream. Sorry, I'll pass on another round of Poison & Warrant-type mega-star posers.:yuk:

CHECK PLEASE!!!!

What is all the hate for a good mainstream band? Sure some may like it some may not, but dont just shoot the band down for just hearing one song or writing them off because they have already sold a lot of records.

anyway, what was my point again? I forget most of the other posts.

I didnt get to see the performance unfortunately, but she definitely does have my heart for being such a cutey.

I am babbling

it is late for me

i just farted...hahaha

Get the album

Soul_Schizm said:
hmmmm. I like Metal in the underground, right where it is. There was never this much good Metal when it was in the mainstream. Sorry, I'll pass on another round of Poison & Warrant-type mega-star posers.:yuk:

CHECK PLEASE!!!!

So underground that a great band like Symphony X plays in front of a paltry 100 people or less in Detroit and gets kicked off the stage after a quaint 50 minute set. Screw this underground bullshit. Great bands like Symphony X deserve better than this.

ProgMetalFan said:
So underground that a great band like Symphony X plays in front of a paltry 100 people or less in Detroit and gets kicked off the stage after a quaint 50 minute set. Screw this underground bullshit. Great bands like Symphony X deserve better than this.

Metal can still be non mainstream and draw a huge crowd. Look at Europe, particularly Germany who has the HUGE fuckin Wacken Open Air fest every year, as well as other european metal fests that are the size of ozzfest shows here (if not larger). Plus even tho power metal bands are more popular over there than they are here, for the most part they are still very much not mainstream (my friend gave me a good example: bands like Blind Guardian, Angra, Stratovarius etc have about the same popularity in europe as a band like pantera has here). And judging by how many power fans dig SymX, its just a matter of time before they are that big in europe (another friend of mine worked in a CD store in france...they had an entire display of the V CD and it sold out the day it was released).

I heard this band for the first time on the radio on the way home from the Symphony X show in Montreal, and I was listening to it, and was thinking to myself "this doesn't seem like much of a radio song." so I asked "who the hell is this?", to which one of the guys in the car replied "oh that's Evensence." I saw a thread or two about this band on the opeth fourms but never checked it out. Needless to say I believe I'll be getting this album as it will be dirt cheap, and worth the $13 at futureshop for decent music with amazing female vocals. I can stand the rap for one track :D

The band's name is EVANESCENCE by the way.

The music is just so-so, but the singer's voice is amazing.