guitar amp mics

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
Hey every body whats your best guitar amp mics???

I´m using a sm57 and a sennheiser e606.

I think the sm57 is more glade. It´s very fat for example like inflames.

The e606 is more raugh. It´s more like a hatebreed sound or something more agressive.

Alot of engineers use the e606 direct in front of the speaker and the sm57 more on the side.

I tried this and it sucks for me.

I think the best opinion is one track sm57 in front of the speaker and one track e606 in front of the speaker. Best is with two different amps.

Perhaps a warp T or Warp X is both the same or a peavey 5150. They are different amps for shure but they go in the same middle style way.

And the second amp gonna be a krank, mesa or a bogner for the more scoop sounds.

For the middle style amps you use the sm57 and for the scoop high bass no middle amp you use the e606. And then you have the fat and massive sound.

What do you think???

i honestly couldn't make sense of your post...they're both good mics tho, spend some time getting them placed well on the cab and they'll serve you well in most situations

Direct onto the speaker is going to sound fucked 99% of the time - a wee bit off axis will sound less fizzy and nasal. Check out the thread 'That Clayman Sound' and look at all that stuff - I'd have the 57 be the one off-axis and mixed higher. I'd also yank the fucking transformer out of it, but I always say that so feel free to ignore it again.

Jeff