Guitar Frequencies & recording.

Full_Tilt

Jul 16, 2008
Hi.
Im still new here but have been lurking for while.
I think I need a little advice on getting the best out of my Guitar Amp, mics & recording set up.

Not totally on top of my Amp settings and micing technique for the style of death metal I'm trying to record.
I tune to 'B' with a 6 string guitar .
Valve-king head 2X12 cab.
I have a few different mics , SM57 , AKG C414 , AKG C3000b etc.

What would you suggest is a pretty standard method for getting the right Frequencies for guitar micing into a Korg DAW?
Also thinking about the right bass sound .

Not even sure what the new standard of Death Metal production should sound like as a bench mark.
Andy Sneap seems to do a pretty good job though...

I like these guys not too sure if I want the exact production...my riffs tend to "thump" as well as "soar".
http://www.myspace.com/thedeviantnorway

really a metal zone or boss hm can get you there. you`ll notice the common belief here is that you have to have a good sound coming out o the amp rather than tweaking eq later. get that tonez out the amp rather than the daw!

Yup i agree I always leave the daw eq flat until mix down.
Im especially interested in micing technique / room acoustics amp set up and so on...
Have been also playing around with my Blackstar HT DistX

Full Tilt: if you have some clips of Blackstar HT DistX, I´m VERY interested on it!!! Please could you share any audio clips? (I got Sansamp PSA1 instead of this one which I never really heard but I think it looks interesting)...

siegfried:
OK will post up some sound clips of the Blackstar when Ive managed to get the best out of it .
Its seems to be a serious enough valve pedal ,definitely not a gimmick , Behaves just as you would expect a valve preamp to. Even fades in when warming up just like my old valve-state. Its also good for keeping your feet warm in the winter.