Guitar Hero II - DragonForce, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Nightwish, MORE!!!

There is absolutely no correlation whatsoever in your abilities with Guitar Hero and a real guitar. My friends were telling me, "Oh man, don't let Sean get up here on this. He's friggin' awesome on guitar." I immediately told them that Guitar Hero is a completely different beast, and they saw why :D I scored consistently in the 30% area in most categories, haha. So afterwards, I played Halloween (by Helloween) for them on the real deal to convince them, as well as to regain my dignity :lol: So please don't let Guitar Hero affect your desire to play a real guitar.

If anything, I would imagine that Guitar Hero may actually inspire a few more folks to pick up and learn to play real guitar. I wonder if 37 is to old to learn to play guitar....

I just picked up this game over the weekend, and I am having a blast with it! Of course, the game does sound kick-ass on my trusty ol' Klipsch setup!

I saw a show a while back talking about bands playing with the game. Seems the drummers tend to do the best at it, with guitarists near the bottom. The game being more about timing than anything else.

Looks fun, but I suck at stuff like this. I have an old Japanese PS2 game called Gitaroo Man. It was basically Guitar Hero before Guitar Hero. Same general idea, except as you hit your notes, you gain power. You are basically having a duel with the game, and whoever gains the most attacks the other, or something like that. Catchy toons, it's just custom music for the game instead of rock classics.