Guitar Hero

MetallicSlayerDeth

Staring into your soul...
Sep 1, 2009
Sweden
I just saw on megadeth.com that a brand new megadeth song is gonna be the final boss song in the upcoming Guitar Hero game GH:Warriors of Rock

So this brings me to something I've wanted to ask you more experienced metal guys for a long time. What do you think about GH?

I personally think that it's fucking great since it was GH3 that got me into metal in the first place. The last four were amazing and downright brutal to master. Only one I ever beat was NOTB:p

Well... I've completed the first 3 and 80s on expert and I was a complete nerd on the thing. People who say "You shouldn't play that... You should play real guitar". Well it's a game... That's all. And it's pretty fun. Maybe instead of running people over and stabbing hookers to death on GTA... You should actually go out and do it? Really does not compare to the actual thing! OOHH YES!

well, i think it's great for promotional purposes.
- young bands could become more well known
- the musical legacy of bands like metallica, black sabbath and Maiden can be spread among kids, it's, like lars ulrich said, '' a new channel to spread music''

and to quote Ol about the ''play real guitar '' thing, '' it's like a football player playing FIFA''

and that's the way i think about it to, although i play real guitar myself, i enjoy playing guitar hero with friends

It was because of guitar hero I started playing bass and guitar and, not to brag, I was REALLY good for a beginner thanks to guitar hero. It worked up my finger speed and since I also play trumpet, my right hand had already mastered the basics for ass playing. I remember it took me less then a week of practice to learn basic 3 finger playing. All thanks to guitar hero:lol:

I thought this topic would be a warzone..... Glad to see its not..... YET. :lol:

Guitar Hero was the game that got me into music to be honest. Well, besides BS radio rock anyways. And like Covet said, its a game. The people that get bent out of shape about it confuse me. I mean, ITS A GAME.

Guitar Hero 5 is lame though, and at this point, with all the songs available for download, Rock Band is way better. GH : Warriors of Rock sounds awesome. :D

I never understood the "go play a REAL guitar" crap.

Should someone who plays Doom go to Mars and kill REAL demons? Should someone who plays Call of Duty go and fight in a REAL war?

That being said, I'm not a fan of guitar hero. Too repetitive.

Guitar Hero is great fun, especially with mates.

I think it's also great for the music industry, especially in the metal/rock scene, as it gets so many kids into music like that. Having Thrasher on Rock Band worked great for Evile.

It also inspires a lot of people to play the real thing, as lots of my friends have taken up guitar after playing it. However, some people do get a bit too obsessed with it, and treat it as if they are playing a real instrument.

Guitar Hero is great fun, especially with mates.

I think it's also great for the music industry, especially in the metal/rock scene, as it gets so many kids into music like that. Having Thrasher on Rock Band worked great for Evile.

It also inspires a lot of people to play the real thing, as lots of my friends have taken up guitar after playing it. However, some people do get a bit too obsessed with it, and treat it as if they are playing a real instrument.

this, the best summary of GH

Bollocks.

You make a very good point, but you missed out a key word: SOMETIMES. Not all people have the balls to jump from something like Guitar Hero onto the real thing, and I know plenty of people who've tried, realised that it's nowhere near as easy as GH makes it out to be and given up almost immediately. I'll agree with you on the fact that it's brilliant exposure for bands like Evile though, I think they've certainly benefited (is that even a word?) from the whole Rock Band thing.

And as you said in our last sentence, there're so many dickheads who brag like fuck because they can play Hangar 18 on expert - the number of times me and Greg have overheard someone goig on about being able to play *insert song here* only to find out he's on about GH.... it makes my fucking blood boil.

Also, inb4 LOL BUT DAEV ITS A GAEM ITS ZPOSTA BE FUN because guess what - I don't give a shit.

Bollocks.

You make a very good point, but you missed out a key word: SOMETIMES. Not all people have the balls to jump from something like Guitar Hero onto the real thing, and I know plenty of people who've tried, realised that it's nowhere near as easy as GH makes it out to be and given up almost immediately.

Tbf MOST people I know who used to play GH now play real instruments. I know it's just anecdotal evidence, but that's just my experience.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is when one of two things happens.....
1 : This topic dies
2 : This topic becomes a warzone

*puts on Sodom's M16 and dons rifle and helmet* TAKE COVERRRRRRRRRR

Seriously though, a lot of the people who play games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero are either too lazy or too impatient to actually bother learning an instrument. That's not to say no one does so but I've never seen it happen - and some of my friends play those things fucking religiously.

And as you said in our last sentence, there're so many dickheads who brag like fuck because they can play Hangar 18 on expert - the number of times me and Greg have overheard someone goig on about being able to play *insert song here* only to find out he's on about GH.... it makes my fucking blood boil.

I can 5 star Hanger 18 on Expert. I cannot play it on guitar. But I play guitar. Does this make me a bad person?

Oh and anybody who gets good at drums in Rock Band or Guitar Hero... Can play the instrument.