Guitar Lessons with Kragen from Prototype!

Mar 24, 2003
www.prototypeonline.com
Attention guitarists: Kragen is now offering guitar lessons worldwide via Skype and in person in the Los Angeles area! All lessons are customized for each individual student based on skill level (beginner, intermediate or advanced) and the desired area of focus (rhythm techniques, lead techniques, music theory, songwriting, etc.). Regardless of whether you want to learn specific riffs/leads from your favorite songs, learn more advanced rhythm/lead techniques, or just improve and clean up your playing, Kragen can teach you what you want to learn. Contact Kragen at lessons@kragenlum.com for more information or to schedule a lesson.

Want to see some examples of Kragen’s playing and technique? Visit his YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/protokragen and don’t forget to subscribe!

Maybe you could give more details, like for example the duration of a lesson, timezone you're willing to consider using skype, technical requirement (gear and so on), minimum number of lessons, price and so on.

That being said, I have no doubt you'll find enough real physical students in LA. I mean, if I was a kid in that area willing to play guitar, I'd surely try to save a lot to have you.

That's a great idea... I offer both 1 hour lessons and 30 minute lessons. The 30 minute lessons are good if cost is an issue. However, I recommend doing 1 hour because I can dig into the details of techniques/theories a bit more and I find that the students usually get more out of the longer lessons.

As for the timing, I'm willing to work with potential students to find a time that works for both of us. For example, I have students in Europe where I teach in the morning my time, which is their evening (8 to 9 hour time difference) and also students on the East Coast of the US (3 hour time difference).

There are no real technical requirements. As long as the student has Skype, a guitar and a practice amp (so I can hear them) we can get started. I provide all of the lesson materials and work with each student to develop a lesson plan based on how they learn most effectively and what techniques, etc. they want to learn.

I charge $40 for 1 hour lessons and $25 for half hour lessons (payment via Paypal). There's no minimum number of lessons required. If someone wants to just take just one lesson to learn a specific technique, that's totally fine. It's my job to keep students interested and engaged so that they return in the future. :)