Guitar noise gating...

fistula

Producer/Mixing Engineer
Jul 18, 2006
hey guy how fo you remove noise while recording the guitars?
the amp has its own noise so when your using noise gate as a side chain effect the neise is still there! and of course directly noise gate is removing only guitar noise!

so how your removin the noise?

with pedal or any plugs?
or manualy (muting and fadeouting ))) lol)

i mean thats ok for the main noise gating - but on break downs (metalcore stuff)
when you have many many stops with noise and you have a 3 tracks for each of 2 guitars this is a real hell!

i mean thats ok for the main noise gating - but on break downs (metalcore stuff)
when you have many many stops with noise and you have a 3 tracks for each of 2 guitars this is a real hell!

Sometimes you can do group edits so that you are doing 5 tracks at a time, if they have the same identical stops. If you are using Pro Tools then just create an edit group and all your highlighting/cutting/fading applies to all the tracks.

Beware though, this can backfire on you if you are working with guitar tracks that are not tight with each other.

for breakdowns and stuff i usually just highlight all my guitar tracks and in nuendo do a alt+click to split it at the end of a chug, then drag the right side of the split to where the next chug starts, then repeat for each spot where there should be no guitar and it comes out sounding tight