Guitar notes

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi dudes!

Does anybody know where I can download (or buy if there is no other chance) guitar notes of hypocrisy.
I don't want tabs!!
Maybe someone can help me!

grtz, Chriss

You shouldn't have ANYTHING tell you exactly where to place your finger, you should figure it out for yourself, in the most comfortable position, & where it sounds the best. I think tabs have the best representation of this. But none the less, as long as you know the tuning, you can figure out the notes from the tab.

that's true orias, but there is a little problem with the very low hypocrisy tunings. peter uses a 7-string-guitar and i only have a 6-string.

Well, I'm not a guitarist, & I usually just pick up the thickes D'Addarrio (or whatever they are called) strings I can find when I string my guitar. I'm a bassist, but I play on a guitar once & a while. By changing your string action, you change the amount of tension on the bridge (certain cheaper instruments can't take strong tension, & the nexk breaks), & your prevent the thick strings from making cricket noise on the frets. You change this at the foot of the bridge, where you would change your intanation by raising or lowering the saddles.

I would use thicker strings (10s or more would work just fine), but I wouldn't worry about the action, at least not at first. Besides, changing the action from the bridge does NOT effect the tension, it only changes the action, and only very slightly. You have to adjust it from the neck. Most bolt-on neck guitars will have a hex wrench screw at the base of the neck (as in between the last fret and the neck pickup) that you turn to bend the neck to compensate for the amount of tension the strings create. Some guitars have this screw by the tuning pegs on the headstock, sometimes under a little plastic cover. Often times you have to remove the neck to adjust the action, then replace the neck to see if it's right, then repeat if necessary (a real pain in the ass). Oh yeah, one last thing: BE CAREFUL. Anything more than a quarter-turn at one time and you'll probably snap the neck!!!

My musician friends say my action is way too high for them (as in the strings are farther away from the frets), but I play hard as hell. I play bass and I smack the fuck out of it. :)

Changing the action changes the tension on the strings. If you don't believe me, tune to Eb, then raise the action by a fourth of an inch (further away). You will notice that probably now the strings "feel" as if they are closer to E.