guitar pedals

Banned
Jan 13, 2006
Chicago,IL
i wanna buy a new pedal to play mteal/trash/black/death/hard rock/grunge

i have a boss distrosion pedal so what do u need next to make a geat tone....ps to use 2 pedals at once do i need a pedal board to play?

I hear a lot of people going on about how amazing the Line 6 'Uber metal' pedal is. So maybe try that.

Also maybe a Digitech 'Death metal' or 'Metal Master'.

newBLACKways said:
no i mean i would lik some better tone to work with i mean i have a srat and a fender frontman. I would like a wah but need some better tone. I dont need anymore distorsion. I have a http://www.nevadapedals.co.uk/images/boss/DS-1.jpg pedal

If you have a strat, you have a small problem called a single coil pickup. They are good guitars and lots of shredders use them (like Yngwie) but in order to get a thick sound, you need a better pick-up. The stack buckers work for some, but I only care for single coils in the neck position for stuff like picking clean sounds (no distortion.)

Bryant

Apart from the change of pickups, as Bryant suggested, you need a new amplifier. The Fender Frontman is a solid state amplifier and the experience I've had with ANY Fender solid state amp is that they suck, especially at high volume. :puke: I've never been able to play the things without wanting to barf. Changing pickups will change the tone a little, but getting a new amplifier is your biggest battle.

And, you don't need a pedal board to use two pedals together, just a patch cable will do. However, if you will be using more than 2 effects in series, I recommened getting a multiple effects unit. The noise from multiple pedals can start to get ridiculous.

-Demonium- said:
I hear a lot of people going on about how amazing the Line 6 'Uber metal' pedal is. So maybe try that.
yeah i'm one of those people, lol. I really love mine, it just sounds so fuckin awesome, and the noise gate is better then any of the other pedal style gates i've used. I highly recommend this pedal ! :headbang:

EQ pedal in your chain is a must! Having an EQ pedal or two, depending on how many pedals you have is terribly useful. You can have a regular set up for rythym and then tap the EQ pedal for solo/lead work.

newBLACKways said:
i might buy a line 6 amp is it good?

Depends on the amp. Just like with any brand, they make amps ranging from bedroom practice combos to heads and cabs for live use. Just remember that with a Line 6 amp, you're paying for digital "models" of other popular amps, and you're probably never going to use all of those models. So, you might be better off finding an amp with 2-3 channels that sound exactly the way you want.

I disagree with most of the criticism of the Metal Zone - if properly EQ'd, it can sound good. However, most people expect immediate results out of a single pedal, and that alone isn't going to provide amazing tone. Distortion and EQ pedals should be purchased as a matched set as I see it.

Inazone said:
Just remember that with a Line 6 amp, you're paying for digital "models" of other popular amps, and you're probably never going to use all of those models. So, you might be better off finding an amp with 2-3 channels that sound exactly the way you want.

Or, you may like having all the choices without having to lug around an armada of amplifiers. :kickass:

97reb said:
EQ pedal in your chain is a must! Having an EQ pedal or two, depending on how many pedals you have is terribly useful. You can have a regular set up for rythym and then tap the EQ pedal for solo/lead work.

This is probbably the only really good kind of pedal. Just get a decent amp and an eq pedal or 2 to get the sound you are craving. I bough a cheap one for 40$ by Berhinger. But at the moment I still have a shitty solid stated marsharll MG series stack.But even still it makes my solos sound much better and doesn't add any shit to the tone(plus i know what I'm doing when it comes to eq) My other guitarist has a some great sounding vintage gear. One is a marshall, i don't remember what, the other is a peavey rockmaster preamp, it sounds killer.