Guitar Pickups

... I play Dimarzio Evolutions, not sure if their my favourite as I havent used any other brands but they do me just fine.

I prefer Seymour Duncans as well, I use a screemin demon in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, works very well in my jackson. Heard good things about EMG's and dimarzio's as well, But Seymours are my favorite :D

I have a Seymour Jazz model in the neck, and a Seymour JB in the bridge.
I don't like the JB...I am going to pull htat out and most likely put in a real Bill Lawence L-500XL.

I am not too keen on active pickups;I don't like loading my guitar with batteries. However, nothing compares to the amount of gain that the EMGs put out

I don't really have a favorite, but I do have a thing for EMG's, and did go through a period of putting them in everything, so an 81 in the bridge and 89 in the neck. But it depends on the guitar and the sound you are trying to get from it

Originally posted by kamikaze
I prefer Seymour Duncans as well, I use a screemin demon in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, works very well in my jackson. Heard good things about EMG's and dimarzio's as well, But Seymours are my favorite :D
Yeah, I love Duncans myself!!!:cool: If you have questions about a pickup check out www.Seymourduncan.com and join the forum if you want.
I use:
SH-1 59 Model(neck) & a SH-8 Invader in a Gibson Les Paul Classic. ..I can get some sweet Zakk Wylde, Carcass, Down, & Pantera sounds with that combo.

APH-1 Alnico II Pro(neck) & a SH-13 Dimebucker(bridge) in a Gibson SG Special. ..I can get Pantera, Megadeth, Testament, & Slayer sounds from this combo.

Sustainer pickup(neck) & a TB-4 JB(bridge) in a Fernandes Vertigo Elite. ...I can get any kind of squeal with this combo. ..Though, I think I might install a EMG active pickup in the bridge.

Other pickups I own(waiting for guitars) are: SH-6 Distortion(bridge & neck), SH-8 Invader(neck), SH-14 Custom 5(bridge), DiMarzio X2N(bridge), & the DiMarzio Norton(bridge).

I thinking about trying/buying: Duncan Diablo(custom shop pickup)(bridge), SHPG-1 Pearly Gates(neck), SH-5 Custom(bridge), SH-2 Jazz Model(neck), and any EMG active pickups.

...The End.:)

EMGs are always great.

Seymor Duncans are good... The TB4 and the SH1N are great in my SL2GX...

I've also owned the Live Wire Metals, and they were about the highest output pickups I've EVER played.... smoked my EMGs without a second thought....

One EMG I never hear mentioned is the 60 (neck). Goddamn, is that the most creamy, buttery, smooth tone I've ever heard. Absolutely breastacular on solos and clean arpeggios. Its ass for Rhythm unless its clean, but its a real neat pickup. Otherwise, I got the EMG 81 in the same guitar for the bridge pickup. I'm also a big fan of the Seymour JBJ as a lead pickup.

Old Gibson PAF's mixed with a true overdriven tube amp has an unparalleled tone, as well IMHO.

The Gibson Tony Iommi sounded pretty good, EMG`s are great, I use an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck, Rio Grande BBQ is a FAT paf model, very nice in a basswood guitar.

Knut E

Originally posted by demondeath
anything that will make my sound heavier and more metal...I have an EMG at the neck and its doing fine.haven't use any though,just a crappy one at my neck(dunno the brand)
...So you have an EMG in the neck & it's doing fine, but you have used it yet & it's crappy???

...What are you trying to say?:confused:

I think he meant to say that the EMG is in the bridge position. The bridge pup is typically the first thing you change in a guitar, and putting an EMG at the neck while keeping the crappy one at the bridge wouldn't make sense.

/Sun'

I'm using an Ibanez RG520 ... man do the stock pickups suck, they've gotten incredibly microphonic, which causes too much noise with any bit of gain..

I do have seymour duncans I'm planning on installing.. Im just ... uh.. too lazy, :lol:
a JB for the bridge and a Jazz for the neck

I've heard the JB is pretty bright but the rg520 is mahogany so I'm thinking that will balance it out good enough...

anyone have any experience with the JB, so I know what to expect from it ... ?