Guitar Pro 5

FuryofRequia

For the Congregation
Mar 14, 2008
i wanted to know, how many people here use Guitar Pro 5, its been really useful lately, but i have trouble getting the lyrics up...

For me, it is very useful, I use it with any song I want to learn. Yeah, I know the interface and the sound suck but its useful anyway.

Excellent program. Couldn't live without it: Fantastic for composing, transcribing and learning. Personally I find it's a really easy program to figure out and use. True it has shite sound fonts, but it does the job nicely.

Pђoenix;7067344 said:
Excellent program. Couldn't live without it: Fantastic for composing, transcribing and learning. Personally I find it's a really easy program to figure out and use. True it has shite sound fonts, but it does the job nicely.
You don't have to use the default synth if you don't want to.

whats sound fonts? please explain
You can import .sf2 files onto MIDI banks through a program such as Soundfont Bank Manager, or Vienna Soundfont Studio. Once you've done this, set your track to play on the desired bank and it will play the synth from your soundfont rather than from the default.

Only Creative soundcards are soundfont compatible, as far as I know.

I don't know how you find it difficult to use. But yeah, there are some buttons idk what the fuck they do.
Its true it sounds like shit but i only use it to get the rhythm not to use as a backing track.

I use GP5 for checking out other bands tabs, and to get some of the notes for some of the things I've written on guitar and want to put into synth. I also like how some files have tabs for all the instruments, it can be pretty useful.