Guitar Pro

Kenneth R. said:
I suppose singing in the shower is also bad, because its someone else's copyrighted songs. Sorry, but fuck those laws.
I was being sarcastic dude! The laws, I agree, are ridiculous.

Guitar Pro is a pretty important program to me. I teach bass and I use guitar pro for writing out all my tabs and exercises. The great thing is with guitar pro 4+ is you get standard notation with the tabs, which is very useful when teaching.

Im not familiar with the other programs mentioned but i may have to look into them, as I am not entirely happy with the RSE of Guitar Pro 5. I find in alot of cases, the midi doesn't play smooth with using the RSE. I tend to get alot of lag.

L.G.Davies said:
Guitar Pro is a pretty important program to me. I teach bass and I use guitar pro for writing out all my tabs and exercises. The great thing is with guitar pro 4+ is you get standard notation with the tabs, which is very useful when teaching.

Im not familiar with the other programs mentioned but i may have to look into them, as I am not entirely happy with the RSE of Guitar Pro 5. I find in alot of cases, the midi doesn't play smooth with using the RSE. I tend to get alot of lag.

Yeh i've heard that's quite common. The only bad thing about gpro is that I get lazy and resort to sight reading the tab, rather than the score.....though reading the gpro score without 8va/mb and all that sorta stuff is a chore. If I had started from sheet music then I would probably have memorised the fretboard by now also :s.

Making drums for some reason i still prefer the old guitar pro. I can get a killer snare sound out of GP4. Then again, I turn all my midis to wavs so i can eq them and add effects.

Even so, I think there is still a long way to go before a midi sound can be compared to the real thing.