Guitar Pro and Windows 7...no audio

BrettT

Aug 29, 2006
Austin, TX
Anyone else having issues with no audio in Windows 7?? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with setting the default Midi out as the built-in Microsoft midi, but Windows 7 removed the midi options in Control Panel. Shit's driving me bonkers.

^same
It was one of the first things I installed on my new pc and the general midi has been working just fine for it.

?? Windows 7 seems to have removed the Micrososoft Wavetable synth, and this is what Guitar Pro uses for regular midi. It only lets me pick the midi out of my Fastrack or my nanoKey in the audio/midi settings. Any ideas? I hate having to use RSE!!

Still having this issue...I don't have the option for the default Microsoft GS Wavetable synth in Guitar Pro. I've googled and googled with no luck. Anyone have any ideas why it isn't showing up? Same issue in Powertab.

I'm thinking it may be a registry setting, but I'm not sure.

Ow dude, sorry i haven´t seen your reply. Just sent you the file. Put it on "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers" and you should be good to go (I use Vista so I´m not sure if the 7 uses the exact folder structure, but I believe this will work).
I had this problem once, when I installed Windows for some misterious reason the MIDI synth was not installed. This did the trick. In last case you can reinstall windows that it´s very unlikely that the will problem will happen again.

ps: On the email I sent you I wrote "C:\Windows\System32" instead of "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers". Remember to put it on the "Drivers" folder.

Ow dude, sorry i haven´t seen your reply. Just sent you the file. Put it on "C:WindowsSystem32Drivers" and you should be good to go (I use Vista so I´m not sure if the 7 uses the exact folder structure, but I believe this will work).
I had this problem once, when I installed Windows for some misterious reason the MIDI synth was not installed. This did the trick. In last case you can reinstall windows that it´s very unlikely that the will problem will happen again.

ps: On the email I sent you I wrote "C:WindowsSystem32" instead of "C:WindowsSystem32Drivers". Remember to put it on the "Drivers" folder.

Arrghh...the file was already there. So it seems that Microsoft GS Wavetable is there, I just can't pick it in any program that uses Midi. I tried changing some registry settings with no luck. Even downloaded a Midi Mapper tool that lets you pick the default Midi device that Windows 7 uses, and the GS Wavetable shows up in there, but still nowhere else.