Guitar setup: help!!

Fixed :) That's the primary spot where the neck bows; the basic rule is that if it's buzzing below the 8th fret, the truss rod needs to be loosened, and if it's buzzing above, the bridge height needs to be raised.

Oh, and to check the truss rod, you don't fret the 22nd, you fret wherever the neck meets the body (usually more like the 18th)

My guitar has buzz on most of the strings between the 1st and 8th fret. There is basically no buzz after the 9th fret. I believe the neck meets the body on the 17th fret. Taking this into account, the rod needs to be loosened. Just to clarify is that what you're saying?

Well, I took the truss rod cover off only to reveal a socket that I haven’t got a wrench for, oh well. I have adjusted the intonation for now and its sounding a lot better. Any idea where I can get a truss rod adjustment tool for a 04 Les Paul standard?

Well either it's a female allen wrench jack or a male allen wrench nut, so just go to your local hardware store and get a set of either male or female allen wrenches ;)

Cheers for the help guys, I’m going to be busy packing for my summer excursion to Amsterdam between now and next week, but when I’m back and I’ve finished the setup I’ll let you all know how I got on.